Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dumping pretty good now. I would guess 1/4 mile visibility. Everything has caved even the edges of the road. The next 6 hours should be great.

Seems like my obs are about an hour behind yours.  Just getting a slushy coating on everything now....seems to be a slow but steady increase in rates.

34/31 lt/mod snow falling

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dumping pretty good now. I would guess 1/4 mile visibility. Everything has caved even the edges of the road. The next 6 hours should be great.

Def not that heavy here, but enough that the grass is whitening a bit.  Nothing on the roads or sidewalks.  Certainly the cloud deck is thicker and it's noticeably less light out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Def not that heavy here, but enough that the grass is whitening a bit.  Nothing on the roads or sidewalks.  Certainly the cloud deck is thicker and it's noticeably less light out.

Always interesting to note the differences between your obs and those from @clskinsfan...given that y'all aren't that far from one another. You could certainly use a decent snow for a change.

Just now, wxtrix said:

this is your forecast--why are you complaining?

This Afternoon
Rain before 3pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow and sleet. High near 41. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation expected.
Tonight
Rain and sleet, possibly mixed with snow before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle between 1am and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Low around 28. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation expected.

I'm not. I was just pointing out that just because there isn't stuff falling from the sky at one spot doesn't mean the storm isn't happening elsewhere. BTW, hope y'all get plenty! :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

this is your forecast--why are you complaining?

This Afternoon
Rain before 3pm, then rain, possibly mixed with snow and sleet. High near 41. East wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation expected.
Tonight
Rain and sleet, possibly mixed with snow before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle between 1am and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Low around 28. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation expected.

Harrisonburg Va is white and getting accumulation so this is surprising. 

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

Always interesting to note the differences between your obs and those from @clskinsfan...given that y'all aren't that far from one another. You could certainly use a decent snow for a change.

Winchester is usually the dividing line.  Almost always get more precip, plus the cold north of it is just a bit stronger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fredlandian said:

NWS reporting 37 and fog?!? at KFDK. My OBS light flurries, melting on contact with 35 degrees. No accumulation. Maybe when it gets dark. Radar shows the mix line right at the ridge of the Catoctins. 

Probably an hour old and automated.  I'm down to 35 also and 100% snow melting on contact.