• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

Temp down to 33F.  A little bit of whitening in shaded spots, mulch, grass.  But it's taken  an hour of pretty good rates to accomplish even that.  Unfortunate timing for this event.  By the time night falls and the ground cools enough for some stickage, the good stuff will probably be over for me.  1 - 2 sloppy inches on some favorable surfaces, which has been my guess for the last couple days.  North of Rt. 50 will do markedly better, as they always do.

2 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

??  Been snowing out for 2 hours.

I have not even seen a flake yet... and it is not supposed to get hot and heavy until this evening.  We just need to calm down.  I know this is going to be a climo event... but we just need to let it play out and not post it is not going to happen before it even starts.  I mean yes it could bust... but right now it is right on track.  I am still 2 degree under what LWX has for my high for today.

Just now, Interstate said:

I have not even seen a flake yet... and it is not supposed to get hot and heavy until this evening.  We just need to calm down.  I know this is going to be a climo event... but we just need to let it play out and not post it is not going to happen before it even starts.  I mean yes it could bust... but right now it is right on track.  I am still 2 degree under what LWX has for my high for today.

I'm not posting thoughts on what might happen for you, I'm talking MBY.  Good luck to you, but the storm has started, even if not for you, yet.

1 hour ago, Mdecoy said:

Mt Holly has 7 inches for me.

I can't wait to take a contrasting photo tomorrow morning showing my "accumulations"

You are very close to a very sharp cutoff and nws is being liberal because it’s better to bust high than low.  If people are over prepared it won’t cause danger, people not being prepared can. 

But you know this and you aren’t actually expecting 7” but you will still act like a 4 year old and throw a mini tantrum when it doesn’t happen anyways. And if it does you will say yea but it’s only 3” on the roads and it will melt fast because it’s March. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

You are very close to a very sharp cutoff and nws is being liberal because it’s better to bust high than low.  If people are over prepared it won’t cause danger, people not being prepared can. 

But you know this and you aren’t actually expecting 7” but you will still act like a 4 year old and throw a mini tantrum when it doesn’t happen anyways. And if it does you will say yea but it’s only 3” on the roads and it will melt fast because it’s March. 

The problem with going for high numbers all the time is that if they keep busting high, people won't take them as seriously.