Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

56 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Went to my friend's house in gamber/finksburg. No snow left on the ground. Bare as can be. Actually there was no snowcover left south of Walmart. 

The fact that we held some snow cover bodes well. Our temps are running quite a bit cooler than the rest of the forum this morning .

Agree.  There was also barely any snow left in that valley just to our north near Highs...weird then there was solid snow again on the next ridge to the north and into Hanover when I went up there last night. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Agree.  There was also barely any snow left in that valley just to our north near Highs...weird then there was solid snow again on the next ridge to the north and into Hanover when I went up there last night. 

Snow cover hanging tough here. FWIW 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

NAM3k shows a thin warm layer centered around 800 just NW of DC to Baltimore that will make or break the storm for those riding the boundary. Looks good for the favored spots further to the north and west.

I barely lose 850s on the 3K... Trending in the right direction finally

32 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I wonder if this initial moisture will help cool the column before the heavier stuff arrives later.  I’m probably out but hopefully it’s enough for the Western PWC crew

Could drop a few degrees but we need that wind direction to shift at all levels which means a big change in things or hope models are a little off in their forecasts.