• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

This is clearly an event from I-81 to northern Loudoun and areas near and north of I-70 to the M/D line. 5-9 inch solid event is my call there. MRB to Reisterstown and north is jackpot zone, higher end totals closer to M/D line. 

I would be surprised to see 3-4” even out here in the Ashburn/Leesburg area. D.C. proper will be lucky to see 1”. South and east of there a dusting then rain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I just hope my yard sees the precip hole that has managed to occur every time it snows this year. I really don't need another inch of rain.

I hear you!  My yard has been like a swamp for the last 6 months.  Except for the couple of days it was frozen, it has been like walking on sponge since late summer.

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

This is clearly an event from I-81 to northern Loudoun and areas near and north of I-70 to the M/D line. 5-9 inch solid event is my call there. 

I would be surprised to see 3-4” even out here in the Ashburn/Leesburg area. D.C. proper will be lucky to see 1”. South and east of there a dusting then rain.

I live a quarter mile from 70 but also a couple miles outside Baltimore City. I usually get caught in the screw zone for these type of events .. every once in a while my little but of elevation works in my favor. 5 inches is my benchmark.

6 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

This is clearly an event from I-81 to northern Loudoun and areas near and north of I-70 to the M/D line. 5-9 inch solid event is my call there. MRB to Reisterstown jackpot zone. 

Dundalk Md? Ya know since we’re being location specific and all^_^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Icefishingrocks said:

I hear you!  My yard has been like a swamp for the last 6 months.  Except for the couple of days it was frozen, it has been like walking on sponge since late summer.

I have 6 acres, and where the house is located is "high" and the soil is well drained. My driveway is a mess though, and there is a wetland back in the woods. Mosquito breeding ground in Spring.

10 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

This is clearly an event from I-81 to northern Loudoun and areas near and north of I-70 to the M/D line. 5-9 inch solid event is my call there. MRB to Reisterstown jackpot zone. 

I'm not far from Reisterstown. Best news I've heard all day.

2 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

the 6hr maps on tt never change Baltimore to rain on the 18z gfs. 

This system blows.  We are trying to make a sandwich with no meat. It’s weak sauce with no cold.  Need a Miller A with Arctic high in NY.  Next year maybe.