Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

WxUSAF

Just now, MD Snow said:

Nam stronger with the LPC but south through 39hrs. 

Well now that we are getting this Rainer out of the way, the models will have less interference and it will definitely be colder and more snowier

1 minute ago, jaydreb said:

NAM says we will go from this cold rain to another cold rain.  

No it doesn't. It is giving me 4 inches tonight and another five on Sunday and the storm ain't even done at that point.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Both NAMs have a slightly better cold press this run early on. That’s a good thing. Overall there does seem to be a slight south bleed across guidance right now. Will it be enough for the 95 corridor is the question. 

Seems the biggest difference between them and the good globals that get snow to us are low strength. Just apply the over amping of Nams at range bias and we are golden (so to speak)

• Like 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Both NAMs have a slightly better cold press this run early on. That’s a good thing. Overall there does seem to be a slight south bleed across guidance right now. Will it be enough for the 95 corridor is the question. 

No I think we will make a remarkable showing but fall just short.  But I am about 20 miles west of 95 so I will follow until the clouds clear

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Still a bit of time and this storm out of the way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

No I think we will make a remarkable showing but fall just short.  But I am about 20 miles west of 95 so I will follow until the clouds clear

There is no more “we” with this storm.  Half of the forum looks ok.  The other half not so much.  Hopefully things change a bit more.  No way the models have the exact r/s line nailed this far out.  

4 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Seems the biggest difference between them and the good globals that get snow to us are low strength. Just apply the over amping of Nams at range bias and we are golden (so to speak)

Problem is the trend we need is less amped and that also means weaker storm and less precip.  3k is close but if it gets any weaker no one is getting more than 3-6” even in the jack. 

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Problem is the trend we need is less amped and that also means weaker storm and less precip.  3k is close but if it gets any weaker no one is getting more than 3-6” even in the jack. 

Yeah.  What we down here are wishing for screws up the northern crew. I still think it’s going to be somewhere between the GFS and Euro in regards to track and strength (shocker I know) which should put your area and throughout most of md west of 95 in line for a good event.