• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What are you thinking east of river? I haven’t looked at any updated maps

This is going to end up being a more NW to S/SE gradient. NW CT still looking at the least. Still thinking most end up in the 2-5 range, even east of the river. 

Heavier banding is starting to make its way into SE and E CT which is good to see. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

This is going to end up being a more NW to S/SE gradient. NW CT still looking at the least. Still thinking most end up in the 2-5 range, even east of the river. 

Heavier banding is starting to make its way into SE and E CT which is good to see. 

GON for the exceptionally rare win.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Ugh. Just noticed rain for Jimmy. I thought he’d be snow for awhile, but you always have to keep your guard up there. 

What a kick in the nuts.  Having the qpf rug get pulled and rain.  A kick to each one.

Unbelievable... HRRRs are trending towards a shutout northern MA, maybe even north of Route 2 (9z HRRR)

That convective blob I circled earlier in the night way off the coast of NJ... not only is it tugging the surface low center east, it’s robbing moisture inflow... to CoastalWx’s comment about depriving 850 influx even if we get a briefly closed H7

Hard to believe there’s a complete shutout looking at radar, but still a big shift from even a few hours ago

This has been a debacle for the entire model suite, ensembles down to hires short term guidance

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

ORH still reporting overcast in the last hour.  Radar looks like that might not be the case.  My new digs are less than 1.5 mile drive to ORH--a little less as the crow flies so I have a pretty good official record nearby.

Still not snowing at ORH as of 5 past. But ceilings are lowering a couple hundred feet every 5 mins. 3400ft now so flakes should be reaching the surface soon. 

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mean...show me closed mid levels at hour 12, and you'll get me every time. Almost need to just blindly forecast as little snow as possible, at this point....only thing that works this season.

The issue was nobody was confident w an open weak short wave that they would actually close. This wasn’t a bowling ball. 

You also factor in that if they don’t close it’s basically a whiff outside SE mass 

16 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Unbelievable... HRRRs are trending towards a shutout northern MA, maybe even north of Route 2 (9z HRRR)

That convective blob I circled earlier in the night way off the coast of NJ... not only is it tugging the surface low center east, it’s robbing moisture inflow... to CoastalWx’s comment about depriving 850 influx even if we get a briefly closed H7

Hard to believe there’s a complete shutout looking at radar, but still a big shift from even a few hours ago

This has been a debacle for the entire model suite, ensembles down to hires short term guidance

Not really that shocking 

the trajectory of this thing and lack of gaining latitude was always a red flag