• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

So Cape special?  When my fanny is actually firmly parked on the elbow in Brewster......wheeeeeee!!!!!  I am looking at current radar and man if I hadn't read in here I'd think a foot is on the way......that doesn't look half bad unless it just hits a wall and scoots due east.......I'm sure something will happen and I'll get porked like every other god damn POS storm this season.....lol

I think you may rain half of tomorrow 

Just got back in from being out and what an ugly set of runs.....buuuut, still gotta watch that area moving into NYC. Guidance has been fizzling that too quickly all night...it actually may end up benefitting CT more than anywhere. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just got back in from being out and what an ugly set of runs.....buuuut, still gotta watch that area moving into NYC. Guidance has been fizzling that too quickly all night...it actually may end up benefitting CT more than anywhere. 

I agree. It's making good progress NE, and HRRR/RAP are keeping it going for a while. By the time it gets to Boston may be a different story, but the same models have been bringing the enhancement back a little in SE MA. 

Snow coming down good after an initial brief period of sleet in NYC. Hopefully this is one where many of us shafted ones can win at least a little. 

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

It does seem as though that bright band running Philly NE under NYC has hit a wall though.....its not advancing.....banding signature it looks to me with that screw zone on the northern side.....is this the thing hitting the wall?

Bright banding is sleet. 

It's cute that we're all trying to nowcast this thing back and all but every single piece of 0z guidance went east and away. It's over for any chance at a warning snowfall for everywhere. What an incredibly piss poor performance by all models! We finally got our consensus!

It's 2019, you'd think by now that we wouldn't be having significant swings in the majority of guidance 24 hrs out. Maybe it's just the volatile pattern idk, I give up and I'm not trusting any model for monday's storm no matter what it's showing until it's under 12 hours

39 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It's cute that we're all trying to nowcast this thing back and all but every single piece of 0z guidance went east and away. It's over for any chance at a warning snowfall for everywhere. What an incredibly piss poor performance by all models! We finally got our consensus!

It's 2019, you'd think by now that we wouldn't be having significant swings in the majority of guidance 24 hrs out. Maybe it's just the volatile pattern idk, I give up and I'm not trusting any model for monday's storm no matter what it's showing until it's under 12 hours

Overall in the grand scheme of things we always complain about modeling being off. But many times the parameters used for model verification are not necessarily QPF or snowfall predictions, so a lot of these “busts” are thrown under the rug. The models are tools to be used by meteorologists to use with their own knowledge, experience, and common sense to make a forecast. It’s been essentially meso vs global for the last 48 hours and the trends have not been good at all. BOX NWS might bust a little high but if you read their AFDs for the last 36 hours they haven’t liked this storm one bit.

I’m sure at the end of the day someone will look at these types of model shifts in a forecast for such a large populated area as ours within the 12-24 hr timeframe on the global models but overall the higher res guidance has been sniffing out this outcome for at least 24 hours.

That being said what a long strange winter it’s been...

23 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The one time Sipprell should be going wild and he decides to cite fast flow as the reason for a small event . He’s one of those guys that looks for things that aren’t there and makes huge events out of nothing, and when a big event is imminent he downplays it 

I guess Sipprell does know something about this storm...

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Huh? It’s snowing and it’s here 

Sorry - not necessarily calling you out. Just going back 24 hours on why they were worried totals were going to be low like they are trending now, and we were giving him h-e double hockey sticks for going against the modeling at the time.

It’s also not snowing where I am...

Just now, bristolri_wx said:

Sorry - not necessarily calling you out. Just going back 24 hours on why they were worried totals were going to be low like they are trending now, and we were giving him h-e double hockey sticks for going against the modeling at the time.

It’s also not snowing where I am...

No I mean it def isn’t as wild as it looked at this time yesterday, but a nice solid 3-6” is just beginning and maybe a bit more SE. To his credit , he didn’t buy in on the huge totals . Seems like you should flip over to snow pretty quickly?