• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Zero doubt that is the general solution.

Going to be a another modest event for most....never trust the phase the phase this season.

I'm not sure there's ever been a phase in this storm...it's really just a single shortwave...most of the question has been whats going on with the vort energy in this. It's weak and kind of diffuse.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I'm not sure there's ever been a phase in this storm...it's really just a single shortwave...most of the question has been whats going on with the vort energy in this. It's weak and kind of diffuse.

Yesterday some the SW back west way trying to phase in.

If we had blocking, there would time for this to slow down have more time to congeal.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve tried before. All he sees is a qpf map and declares that SNE should kiss this one goodbye. For starters, look at a sat loop.. then decide if it’s really going to get tugged east or is that only a figment of models imagination due to convection . Then will there be any mid level banding not being modelled.. etc etc . 

What are your numbers?

I don't think he's necessarily wrong. Unless you have a GFS solution with closed off ML lows which I kind of doubt the strongest 850-700mb fgen is going to be over SEMA and it won't even be that strong. I'm not seeing a big ML magic signal for central/nrn CT. Not kiss it goodbye but I wouldn't go watch/warning for KTOL and surrounding areas. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I have been trying to figure out how he ever saw a phase 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have been trying to figure out how he ever saw a phase 

Its not the main reason for the storm, but yesterday it was hinted that more of the main SW to the west would try to get involved. That is now gone and there is less margin for error with the vorticity from the single SW.

7 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I don't think he's necessarily wrong. Unless you have a GFS solution with closed off ML lows which I kind of doubt the strongest 850-700mb fgen is going to be over SEMA and it won't even be that strong. I'm not seeing a big ML magic signal for central/nrn CT. Not kiss it goodbye but I wouldn't go watch/warning for KTOL and surrounding areas. 

He thinks he’s gonna get warning snows....ain’t happening for him with these trends.  If Euro goes east...which it will most likely do, he and I are advisory at best.

If things ramp back up on later runs..then that’s  a different story.  Trend is not his friend at 12z.  

1 minute ago, GansettBay said:

Anyone have any advice on traveling? I’m at a conference in Portland that’s supposed to go until tomorrow. Would it be ridiculous to try to drive back to Rhode Island around 4pm tomorrow?

Given it's during the day I think salt will make pretty quick work of this outside of the areas in SEMA that get it heavier. Should be done by 4 as well. I have to drive to Littleton, MA tomorrow at noon and I'm not too worried about it. 

Just now, DomNH said:

Given it's during the day I think salt will make pretty quick work of this outside of the areas in SEMA that get it heavier. Should be done by 4 as well. I have to drive to Littleton, MA tomorrow at noon and I'm not too worried about it. 

I appreciate your opinion, thank you. I  think you’re probably right and it’ll be a pretty easy drive home. Now the question is do I want to miss the biggest storm of the year? And how good will it be? I have no answer for that at the moment. 12 inches is worth being home for. I’m ok with missing 6 inches. 

15 minutes ago, GansettBay said:

I appreciate your opinion, thank you. I  think you’re probably right and it’ll be a pretty easy drive home. Now the question is do I want to miss the biggest storm of the year? And how good will it be? I have no answer for that at the moment. 12 inches is worth being home for. I’m ok with missing 6 inches. 

I think you'd be fine...especially by that time.  I'd drive if it we're me.