• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

How saturated is the DGZ...what’s snow growth looking like 

There's lift in the DGZ but it's pretty damn weak unless you take the GFS verbatim. I wouldn't be super enthusiastic about forecasting >10:1 and I wouldn't be surprised if it struggles to accumulate in the March daytime given rates probably won't be too impressive. 

We need to over-react less to each model run... and I should not have used the descriptor "huge", that was a mistake.

Jerry's right RGEM has been terrible this year, so I wouldn't over-react to that alone.

I like Ray's map as a starting point. It has good support from Euro which has been steady outside of the 18z pan-model jail break.

I still could see this amping more... just needs vorticity to consolidate better rather than shunting east, something that the models don't seem to have a good handle on and will come down to nowcasting later today.

Just now, weathafella said:

Happy to hear about the mid level magic possibilities.  Don’t be a qpf queen 

Midlevels are definitely still nice for SE MA on most of these solutions...prob inlcuding much of BOS area and RI.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

We need to over-react less to each model run... and I should not have used the descriptor "huge", that was a mistake.

Jerry's right RGEM has been terrible this year, so I wouldn't over-react to that alone.

I like Ray's map as a starting point. It has good support from Euro which has been steady outside of the 18z pan-model jail break.

I still could see this amping more... just needs vorticity to consolidate better rather than shunting east, something that the models don't seem to have a good handle on and will come down to nowcasting later today.

That’s his old map. He’s not forecasting 1-3 over 3/4 of SNE 

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

GFS is the same, I don't see any southeast movement everyone says they saw.

Compare hour 24 between 12z and the previous runs.  It ends up being in a good enough spot still for SE MA but is absolutely moved east and made a difference back this way.