• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Perhaps a Coastal Storm on March 2nd for SNE????

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

they haven't had any improvements or any new panels/models nothing since they lost maue. How much is wxmodels.com?

I like it...extremely user friendly. I do hope though more products are added over time...such as 700 VV and fronto. The maps though can be tough to interpret (such as like 850 temps).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I like it...extremely user friendly. I do hope though more products are added over time...such as 700 VV and fronto. The maps though can be tough to interpret (such as like 850 temps).

I would like to see one of these sites do a "max temp in profile" graphic. Like a 0C/-10C etc isotherm from 950-700 or 950 and below.

anyways not the thread to discuss this kind of stuff. 

NWS really should be bumping things up a great deal with the PM shift, i dont see watches coming out but you never know.

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

I would like to see one of these sites do a "max temp in profile" graphic. Like a 0C/-10C etc isotherm from 950-700 or 950 and below.

anyways not the thread to discuss this kind of stuff. 

NWS really should be bumping things up a great deal with the PM shift, i dont see watches coming out but you never know.

Only place that might get a watch is SE MA....pretty close call there on the 50% chance at warning criteria in next 48 hours by the time we get to the PM shift. Plymouth/Barnstable counties...maybe Bristol and Newport county RI.

Prob need another bump to get CT in on that type of confidence and the rest of us in E and C MA.

This system is going to continue moving NW much as the little system from NYC south did for tomorrow.  As a result I fully expect Sunday night and Monday will slowly tick south as well.  It’s not gonna be enough to save areas along the coast from BOS down to NYC totally from rain but they’ll all probably see their biggest snow of the winter Sunday night and Monday.  

• Like 2

Saturday will be the 14 year anniversary of the SE MA snowbomb on 3/1/05....the messenger special. I remember that one vividly back on WWBB. SE MA def stole my snow in that one....huge convective blob formed over E LI and the ocean just E of it and was heading toward SE MA....SE MA was expected to have some ptype issues (though still get accumulatins snow despite that) while the max would be 495 area to ORH with 8-12 forecast....instead, that convective blob that looked more like an MCS seemed to rob the system of it's usual midlevel circulation and what happened in SE MA was epic....we weren't sure if it was gonna be snow when it hit them.....but then I remember messenger was posting pics of like 100 foot vis, lol. PYM had like 16 inches of snow in 4-5 hours. It was insane.

Back up this way, we limped home with like 5-6"....still a decent system, but it was a bust compared to the 8-12 forecast.

Might as well do it again for SE MA on the anniversary this Saturday.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Saturday will be the 14 year anniversary of the SE MA snowbomb on 3/1/05....the messenger special. I remember that one vividly back on WWBB. SE MA def stole my snow in that one....huge convective blob formed over E LI and the ocean just E of it and was heading toward SE MA....SE MA was expected to have some ptype issues (though still get accumulatins snow despite that) while the max would be 495 area to ORH with 8-12 forecast....instead, that convective blob that looked more like an MCS seemed to rob the system of it's usual midlevel circulation and what happened in SE MA was epic....we weren't sure if it was gonna be snow when it hit them.....but then I remember messenger was posting pics of like 100 foot vis, lol. PYM had like 16 inches of snow in 4-5 hours. It was insane.

Back up this way, we limped home with like 5-6"....still a decent system, but it was a bust compared to the 8-12 forecast.

Loved that storm picked up about a half a foot. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That was awesome. The rates were sick. Holy surprise that was.

NAM actually has a much better storm and increased QPF down in S NJ and just offshore to there....it just gets kicked east at the last second, but I didn't hate that trend at all. I think more of that would get at least into SE areas than shown there.

edit: Scooter kind of beat me to it already....saying the same thing for the most part

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Its 10mb stronger..rather have that than a 1011mb turd wave. 

Yeah it was a much better storm....the way it kind of shunted it east after it looked good to the south is kind of weird. I'd feel pretty good if i was down in SE MA or S RI.