• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WesL
    Newest Member
    WesL

March 3-4, 2019 Snow/Rain Event

27 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I was actually looking for flakes, lol. Didn't feel any water droplets though. I'll check again and get back to you.

Ok, nada falling. The sky is actually a hazy broken overcast at the moment, i.e. not exactly a snow sky.

It's up to 43 here now.  Whatever was headed this way went poof! :lmao:   I am seeing partly cloudy sky to my north and a slightly more solid deck to my SW.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

It's up to 43 here now.  Whatever was headed this way went poof! :lmao:   I am seeing partly cloudy sky to my north and a slightly more solid deck to my SW.

Sun is out up here in Orefield, PA 

25 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Expecting a lot of 2-3 hr delayed openings for the kiddos tomorrow with the earlier onset today.  Would be wise not to call full day off with sun expected in the am and melting snow of paved surfaces for sure

This is the best forecast I've seen.

Btw 44F in warminster already :yikes:

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

This is the best forecast I've seen.

Btw 44F in warminster already :yikes:

Mt Holly’s Facebook page informing folks not to be fooled by temps in the 40’s the light rain will transition to snow later

I was honestly shocked to wake up to a WSW with expected snowfall of 7” in Wilmington. Certainly we are going to waste QPF at the start of the event to rain or white rain, as will Center City. That being said, frontogenetic forcing on hi-res guidance seems impressive all the way down to I-95 and would support bands of an inch per hour or greater if we flip to snow. 

Sticking with my forecast yesterday of 2-4” for I-95 and 4-8” for everyone N and W of Route 1. 

Expectations set at 2.5" gigantic bust potential either way in eastern Monmouth could be 1" 7 miles to my SE and 7" same distance to the NW

• Like 1

12 NAM 3k total snowfall thru 24 hrs.

nam3km_asnow_neus_fh24-24.thumb.gif.05cc8b31634c9c4ccce777a22da303af.gif

12z NAM 3k ferrier corrected total snowfall thru 24hrs.

nam3km_asnow_ferrier_neus_fh24-24.thumb.gif.71dbc547ac8a2b6dbcd6afa4bd8c83a8.gif

The ferrier clownmap is indicating piss poor snowgrowth south of 276.  Hoping it's just a poor algorithm all together and that the top image is closer to reality.

Now up to 44 here and overcast.  Was just going through the November event where there was a similar initial marginal temp profile although not as high as the 40s that we have here in the lower part of the CWA.  Once the precip started, there was enough dynamic cooling to get the temps down.

9 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Torching here. This events going to be a joke. 

Bad timing with peak daytime heating but no surprise it's the winter of azz, but it does like to snow in March with mild temps when earlier in winter these never work out

• Like 1

Euro is actually pretty much the same. Those NW of Philly do well. I-95 corridor is very marginal and right on the line.

33 at the cabin with a bit of sun every so often.

Precip moving in quickly based on radar....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comparing radars, looks like there is about 10 or so miles of virga.  Won't take much, though.  42F / dp 33 / 70%

41F and snowing in Phoenixville.  Very small and light flakes.

Edit: now kind of rain. Almost indiscernable at the moment, I did have to drive into town and I reported the snow before I left.  So it could still be snow at my house at higher elevation.