• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SkincareMumbai
    Newest Member
    SkincareMumbai

March 3-4, 2019 Snow/Rain Event

At some point between ~10:30 pm when I went to bed with it raining and 4 am when I got up and popped outside, there was some burst of snow that left about 1/2" of paste on my car hood, which originally had all the snow sloughed completely off of it last night due to the rain.  Temp stayed above freezing (33) through the night and early this morning.  Currently 33 and overcast with a lot of dripping.

Well I fell asleep after measuring 4.4" but theres at least another half inch since then, but it's hard to tell because of compaction.  I'd say I was very close to 5.0".  

These marginal temp snows are a dream for the plow crews, scrape down to asphalt with ease, now the poor trees and power lines are a different story lots downed trees and wires out this way. Cause I’m still grasping this weather thing I’m guessing the lack of blocking is what kept this from being a mecs? 

18 minutes ago, Newman said:

7.5" final here. I've reached normal snowfall so bring on spring!

Yay, congratulations! Maybe next week for somewhat spring like weather? For a few days anyway.

6 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Buckingham PA - 11:30pm

Only ~15min of rain at very beginning of storm...nothing but light to heavy-  snow since 4pm!

Looking like ~4”...another reason to be happy we moved “Up North”, a couple months ago, from Ambler (Three Tuns) PA!!

1:00am update:

SN+ past 2 hours up to 6”!

Hey! Congratulations! I'm outside and don't feel like googling Buckingham, so where is that?

40 minutes ago, Newman said:

7.5" final here. I've reached normal snowfall so bring on spring!

5.8" here still about 7" shy of normal. Some of the far NW burbs doing ok this winter with at least one more shot coming end of the week. SE of the there still a chunk BN for the season. Dont think the immediate burbs will do it this year nor I95 corridor. My area could come close depending on late week. You guys look to probably surpass seasonal avg.

1 minute ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

East Nantmeal Township Chester County PA

Snow total 6.5"

0.5" since midnight

1st 4 days of March total snowfall of 11.8"

Seasonal Snow up to 35.1" +4.5" above normal through today and a little over 1" below our average seasonal snowfall in NW Chester County

Interesting, it seems that after 10:30pm I stopped accumulating that much but you kept getting the goods! Congrats!  :snowing:

16 hours ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Fat flakes here now, viz way down.  Probably a quarter mile.  Feeling good about exceeding the 4 inches I predicted last night. 

20190303_161247-1512x2016.jpg

What a difference a day makes. 

20190304_081250-2268x3024.thumb.jpg.6a9c2429d4552cabf8f089bab4e24dac.jpg

• Like 2

LSR says 7.1 for Bushkill Township here, but, I was just doing cleanup and it looks more like 4 inches. No matter, it's snow! Lots of wire down calls here this morning. 

this is the 8+ inches of snow this morning from last nights storm  in Macungie PA which gives us little over a foot or so on the ground from the past two storms.  More on Friday 

Image may contain: tree, plant, snow, table, outdoor and nature

• Like 1

No joke....just had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast and found the limited edition magical unicorn inside!! Nice was to celebrate my largest event of the season.

abdAeuJ.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

No joke....just had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakfast and found the limited edition magical unicorn inside!! Nice was to celebrate my largest event of the season.

And I remember Kamu trying to talk you out of doing this --> :cliff:    :D  :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

5.8" here still about 7" shy of normal. Some of the far NW burbs doing ok this winter with at least one more shot coming end of the week. SE of the there still a chunk BN for the season. Dont think the immediate burbs will do it this year nor I95 corridor. My area could come close depending on late week. You guys look to probably surpass seasonal avg.

I'm at 35.4" and already 3 or so inches above normal. 2/3rds of my snowfall this year came from November and March snows.

• Like 1

Not looking up my final total.  Did what I expected as was in the 1-3 or 3-6 battleground with the rain/snow/sleet line.  It's under 3.

Not looking forward to the weekend either, looks like same set up, no?   Story of the winter.

35 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

And I remember Kamu trying to talk you out of doing this --> :cliff:    :D  :P

Was definitely concern and heck that was warranted. I literally ended up 5 miles from not hitting the 4" mark. Mixed here for like 2 minutes. Could have busted either way but actually played out like the original call. But yes, thank you again Kamu :hug:

• Haha 1

I feel for the NWS folks....damned if they do damned if they dont. They are taking a heck of a roasting on social media this morning. 

@MGorse and others, you guys do a great job given the challenges and difficulties of the field you work in. I dont envy you but again I respect you guys tremendously. Thanks for everything you do!

• Like 3

2.5" total... knew that this would be a bust down here. will finish 11 inches under normal. don't see anything major on the horizon.