• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow/Rain Event

Ralph Wiggum

These marginal temp snows are a dream for the plow crews, scrape down to asphalt with ease, now the poor trees and power lines are a different story lots downed trees and wires out this way. Cause I’m still grasping this weather thing I’m guessing the lack of blocking is what kept this from being a mecs? 

6 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Buckingham PA - 11:30pm

Only ~15min of rain at very beginning of storm...nothing but light to heavy-  snow since 4pm!

Looking like ~4”...another reason to be happy we moved “Up North”, a couple months ago, from Ambler (Three Tuns) PA!!

1:00am update:

SN+ past 2 hours up to 6”!

Hey! Congratulations! I'm outside and don't feel like googling Buckingham, so where is that?

40 minutes ago, Newman said:

7.5" final here. I've reached normal snowfall so bring on spring!

5.8" here still about 7" shy of normal. Some of the far NW burbs doing ok this winter with at least one more shot coming end of the week. SE of the there still a chunk BN for the season. Dont think the immediate burbs will do it this year nor I95 corridor. My area could come close depending on late week. You guys look to probably surpass seasonal avg.

1 minute ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

East Nantmeal Township Chester County PA

Snow total 6.5"

0.5" since midnight

1st 4 days of March total snowfall of 11.8"

Seasonal Snow up to 35.1" +4.5" above normal through today and a little over 1" below our average seasonal snowfall in NW Chester County

Interesting, it seems that after 10:30pm I stopped accumulating that much but you kept getting the goods! Congrats!  :snowing:

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

5.8" here still about 7" shy of normal. Some of the far NW burbs doing ok this winter with at least one more shot coming end of the week. SE of the there still a chunk BN for the season. Dont think the immediate burbs will do it this year nor I95 corridor. My area could come close depending on late week. You guys look to probably surpass seasonal avg.

I'm at 35.4" and already 3 or so inches above normal. 2/3rds of my snowfall this year came from November and March snows.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

And I remember Kamu trying to talk you out of doing this --> :cliff:    :D  :P

Was definitely concern and heck that was warranted. I literally ended up 5 miles from not hitting the 4" mark. Mixed here for like 2 minutes. Could have busted either way but actually played out like the original call. But yes, thank you again Kamu :hug:

• Haha 1

I feel for the NWS folks....damned if they do damned if they dont. They are taking a heck of a roasting on social media this morning. 

@MGorse and others, you guys do a great job given the challenges and difficulties of the field you work in. I dont envy you but again I respect you guys tremendously. Thanks for everything you do!

• Like 3

Gorgeous outside. What I actually like about these systems is I can go outside with the kids and it feels tolerable....extremely enjoyable. Dont get me wrong I wont balk at a mid Jan 1-foot cold smoke at 5 degrees but for family enjoyment snowman building snowball fights and just tolerability it really doesnt get any better than this. Who says March snows suck?