• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 3-4, 2019 Snow/Rain Event

Ralph Wiggum

Going to bed. Sick for 4th time this year. Just want winter over already. Told everyone the 4-7" was fake news just like last time and low and behold it is. Models consistently were fringe with temps for Philly S&E and my mine is boggled where these weird predictions came from. Any event that is of fringe temps this year doesn't go out way. 7". Just lol no model ever showed 7 inches IMBY. Even the weather channel jumped on this weird train.

Congrats to everyone that did well.  I'm not sure I would even consider what happened south and east of 95 as a bust.  I think everyone pretty much knew that there was a good chance that not much was going to happen.  I don't pay attention to any weather outlets other than the NWS, but as for them, I assume they went high because it's better than going low.  

Ended up with 0.5" of snow and somewhere around 0.8" of rain.  Puts the seasonal snowfall total here at 19.5" for 9 events.  A bunch of dink and dunk events, but an above average season nonetheless.  

For ABE:

The Thursday night/Friday morning storm snowfall total was 0.8”

The Friday night/Saturday storm snowfall total was 4.1”

The Sunday night/Monday morning storm snowfall total (as of 1am Monday morning) was 6.6”.

So, the snowfall total for March so far (as of March 4th at 1am) is 11.5”.  So March by far has been our snowiest month of the winter and it bring our total winter snowfall very close to average, believe it or not.

• Like 1

Buckingham PA - 11:30pm

Only ~15min of rain at very beginning of storm...nothing but light to heavy-  snow since 4pm!

Looking like ~4”...another reason to be happy we moved “Up North”, a couple months ago, from Ambler (Three Tuns) PA!!

1:00am update:

SN+ past 2 hours up to 6”!

At some point between ~10:30 pm when I went to bed with it raining and 4 am when I got up and popped outside, there was some burst of snow that left about 1/2" of paste on my car hood, which originally had all the snow sloughed completely off of it last night due to the rain.  Temp stayed above freezing (33) through the night and early this morning.  Currently 33 and overcast with a lot of dripping.