Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
march 1 event

skonajezski31

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

12k NAM is quite the day tomorrow. 'Surprise' death band for Smsomeone in extreme Southern PA in the AM then a marginal rain to accumulating heavy snow tomorrow night rom a bombing coastal in eastern PA. Totals for both events:

namconus_asnow_neus_14.png

I'd go with about 60% of those amounts, and I'd be very happy.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

12k NAM is quite the day tomorrow. 'Surprise' death band for Smsomeone in extreme Southern PA in the AM then a marginal rain to accumulating heavy snow tomorrow night rom a bombing coastal in eastern PA. Totals for both events:

namconus_asnow_neus_14.png

Damn, I like where the NAM is going with this 

3k is on board as well.  Positive trends continue for tomorrow and early Saturday systems. Not much sleet either on the soundings very brief and shallow warm nose at around 700mb. Nowhere near the sleet interference we had with other systems. ICON, NAVGEM, Canadians, and Euro now have the NAM support.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I feel for Redsky. NAM says Qtown has plowable snow yet his spot in Monmouth gets basically shutout. 

Look again Ralphie it's 2+2 but still meh not to mention it's spring

Part two out here is going to be like the melting slurpee at the bottom of the cup

34 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Oh, hello!  Right on the doorstep.  I like those 35-40 dbz returns.  Seems there's a bit of virga leading this, though.  Currently 31.7F / dp 21 / 63%.  

kdox_20190301_0719_BR_0.5.png

Any chance that band shapes up to the north like it did on the 0Z NAM? 

Just got outta bed seeing as I need to be up in 40 mins for work.  Have about .1 or .2 on the ground.  Spitting nice fluffy dendrites right now at a good clip.  Will be interesting if we end up sending our trucks out.  I don't see 276 getting much more than an inch out of this but we'll seem 

16 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Any chance that band shapes up to the north like it did on the 0Z NAM? 

Just got outta bed seeing as I need to be up in 40 mins for work.  Have about .1 or .2 on the ground.  Spitting nice fluffy dendrites right now at a good clip.  Will be interesting if we end up sending our trucks out.  I don't see 276 getting much more than an inch out of this but we'll seem 

Not really.  6z NAM has the sim radar modeled fairly well, if not a bit delayed.  

Nothing here yet.  There's a bit of difference still in regards to the location of reflectivity between KDIX and TPHL.  PHL has a 1700' lower beam height at my location than DIX.  Precip is still struggling to wet the air.  

53 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Not really.  6z NAM has the sim radar modeled fairly well, if not a bit delayed.  

Nothing here yet.  There's a bit of difference still in regards to the location of reflectivity between KDIX and TPHL.  PHL has a 1700' lower beam height at my location than DIX.  Precip is still struggling to wet the air.  

Gotcha that makes sense with the differing beam heights.  I was wrong too, I already picked up an inch.  Eyeballing that from my bed out the window but I'll measure it before I leave. Basically got that within the hour too.  Start time was pushed back to 730, hoping traffic isnt a nightmare.

The lack of wind and steady snow is so pretty in the flood light of my house as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Might be a little rainy tonight down here in extreme SE PA but looks good up your way.

Yeah the I-95 area should start as rain and maybe turn to some snow as it ends. But even up here the snow should be fairly wet. I'm expecting 2 maybe 3 inches not 6 inches like the NAM shows lol.