Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

I like it when LWX is playing catch up, usually means a good one is coming. bullish LWX doesn't always work out. 

Feeling good about the Howard county and Baltimore county areas after looking at the last few model cycles. A solid 2-4” can’t be ruled out. RGEM would be amazing, but it’s typically too juicy.  

Just now, jayyy said:

Feeling good about the Howard county and Baltimore county areas after looking at the last few model cycles. A solid 2-4” can’t be ruled out. RGEM would be amazing, but it’s typically too juicy.  

any snow is good snow

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mappy said:

I like it when LWX is playing catch up, usually means a good one is coming. bullish LWX doesn't always work out. 

I totally agree. They are typically playing catch up, but that tends to be mostly during coastal when we have banding set up. However, they were bullish in January and it generally worked out. 

Just looking over the GEFS and we are now seeing a somewhat notable spike in snowfall for just North and West of the cities Fri night/Sat from our coastal. Seeing 1/2"-1" increases just NW of 95 vs the 00Z run of a 1/4" or so.

And just a quick mention for whatever it is worth but the GEFS did hold fairly steady with the 00Z run for our Friday system.

16 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I totally agree. They are typically playing catch up, but that tends to be mostly during coastal when we have banding set up. However, they were bullish in January and it generally worked out. 

LWX was increasing totals for the Jan storm almost every hour leading up to it. 

1 hour ago, Deer Whisperer said:

gfs had like 6+ for all of nova for several days out. ended up with 2" snow and 1" sleet, definitely was too aggressive

1-2 seems more likely for pwc west and east..bit more NW county close to Loudon county line regardless of the RGEM shows. I believe it will take some really solid rates for us to overcome the lack of real cold but the overnight start will help some. Don't like Sun/Mon deal much either for us unless this low can stay closer to 50/50 location like the other guys said.  we'll see I suppose.  beats flowers and pollen so we take   

39 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

1-2 seems more likely for pwc west and east..bit more NW county close to Loudon county line regardless of the RGEM shows. I believe it will take some really solid rates for us to overcome the lack of real cold but the overnight start will help some. Don't like Sun/Mon deal much either for us unless this low can stay closer to 50/50 location like the other guys said.  we'll see I suppose.  beats flowers and pollen so we take   

I'm going to miss this one. I'll be in North Carolina so keep the Prince William County reports coming. I'll be driving back tomorrow morning. It does look like we are about 30 miles too far south on this one.

8 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

I'm going to miss this one. I'll be in North Carolina so keep the Prince William County reports coming. I'll be driving back tomorrow morning. It does look like we are about 30 miles too far south on this one.

Roger.  Me and the crew are on it.  Yup 30 miles but the mesos will keep us occupied and clinging to the best one.  It’s what we do you know.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Looks to favor DC but we are not out of the game. Just need to get lucky and hope for the PWC deathband :arrowhead: