• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

this was one of those events that probably happen every other day in the upper midwest/new england lol.  heard sleet, went back to sleep.  i suppose we got an inch here.  pavement wet.

i'd like for the sun/mon event to pan out, but i'll probably be done with winter after that.  i'm ready for some milder weather.

edit: looks like some chances through next weekend, so i'll give it until then.  after that...bring on spring!

14 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

1.8" 

Roads and sidewalks clear.  Light mist falling since I woke up.  March snow sucks.

Same deal in Germantown - measured 1.9 inches.  What will really suck is if we get rain and 33 tonight, more cold rain Sunday night, then super-cold and dry for a few days as currently predicted.

I hope the SE ridge sets up shop after next week and stays for the rest of the month.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Same deal in Germantown - measured 1.9 inches.  What will really suck is if we get rain and 33 tonight, more cold rain Sunday night, then super-cold and dry for a few days as currently predicted.

I hope the SE ridge sets up shop after next week and stays for the rest of the month.

At this point, having given up hope of any significant snow event at my latitude, I am just rooting to keep the grass dormant through March.  Tired of the cold wind too, but dreading the 3 to 4 hours yardwork every week.

2 hours ago, snjókoma said:

Arlington Public Schools just closed today. There is 0.4” on grassy areas and it’s melting. PWC closed too. What a joke.

Just woke up to this bad news.  WTF am I going to do with my kids all day when there’s no snow for sledding.  Can’t believe they closed the schools.  

4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Howard county schools stayed opened on a 2 hour delay despite there being about 2.5-3” on the ground here in Ellicott City. Would you look at that? They do have some gall. 

We are out of snow days, people will get real mad if they have to start extending the school year. Plus the streets are clear. It sure does look like a winter wonderland out there though!

2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

then your measurements are false.

My measurements always the same as the people in this forum that are located near me and the official reports on the NWS site, so I must just be a lucky guesser then...with every storm...

17 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Howard county schools stayed opened on a 2 hour delay despite there being about 2.5-3” on the ground here in Ellicott City. Would you look at that? They do have some gall. 

2hr delay was the right call. Very little on the roads. Lol at NoVA school systems.

30 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

We are out of snow days, people will get real mad if they have to start extending the school year. Plus the streets are clear. It sure does look like a winter wonderland out there though!

They can't extend the school year any longer because they already have extended as far as they can (Friday, June 21st) because of summer school.  They are already one make up day beyond the 21st, so unless they get a waiver they may have to extend the school day.  Especially if there is more snow next week.