Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

6 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

You're up late . I usually miss the the 0z pbp but took off tomorrow.."a personal day". I think the coastal trend is real and the thermals will be key ...I mean gfs just dropped 1.20" qpf at Bwi . Rates most likely won't be the problem. Fun tracking ahead..enjoy!

I’d knew there would end up being a delay, but woke up normal time anyways lol. 2" here overnight, school delayed. 

Howd you’d do? 

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah maybe it can end with a bit of a bang here. Back to pixie dust currently lol. That slug looks like it could be some snow missiles mixed with sleet.

The "slug" is here and pretty intense. Wind has picked up too. Big flakes and close to heavy snow currently. Hopefully it will last at least 20 mins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Probably a nowcast for many areas . Maybe 12z will shed more light...... or rain or snow lol.  6z 3knam soundings are super marginal.  Overnight at 3z it has snow and 6z its showing sleet (along the M/D line  )

Yay another glacier in the backyard lol 

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

If you don’t have a “snow board”, just go with a flat surface that doesn’t have melting.  Patio table, deck railing (for small events), even the top of a car if you are careful.

Oh yeah, I'm all about that. I usually take a few grass measurements and then measure on flat, cold surfaces such as the things you mentioned and take the average. 

48 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Oh yeah, I'm all about that. I usually take a few grass measurements and then measure on flat, cold surfaces such as the things you mentioned and take the average. 

You shouldn’t measure in the grass at all. Stick to hard surfaces. While it seems you ended up about where everyone else is, totals can be inflated when measuring on the grass.