• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

At least on the 10:1 snowfall maps the 06z NAM is a major beat-down even into the cities and south for tonight/Sat coastal. Shows 6+ inches south of the cities and NW. + snow depth is less impressive but it does show 1+ into the cities and maybe 2 at the pA line. Haven't look at the temp profiles as of yet but regardless it was nice to see a move to a more wintery scenario for the coastal.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Started on time up here apparently - measured 1.75” with snow coming down. If we get a few more hours like this before sunrise, will have a legit chance to be second best event we’ve seen up here this year. Really nice out. Side roads at least covered.

wow - missles at the moment.

Good...now you can rate the winter an A

Lol at the NAM. Looks as if the temps at 850's and the surface degraded somewhat from the 12z run and yet we see a more expansive swath of wintry precip to the south and east through the region. I will say the temps are close where just a couple degrees colder solution will mean a world of difference.

eta: talking about tonights coastal

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Good...now you can rate the winter an A

Lol - you are good at this 

I’m a big storm hunter - on my subjective scale this winter won’t be high. 

It is nice not to have to wait on an event to get started up this way - that’s been hard to come by this winter. I wonder how @C.A.P.E. is making out with this?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Lol - you are good at this 

I’m a big storm hunter - on my subjective scale this winter won’t be high. 

It is nice not to have to wait on an event to get started up this way - that’s been hard to come by this winter. I wonder how @C.A.P.E. is making out with this?

Just woke up a few mins ago. Looks like close to an inch and snowing moderately. Looked at the radar loop and lol, looks my yard was in a dry hole(as usual) for a while.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

3.2" Total ...currently 27

3k has .6 - .7" additional qpf from the coastal tonight up this way . 

Looking at the latest NAM and I think what we might be seeing is that it is picking up on a deeper layer of cold at lower levels vs. the 00z. Thinking what it might be suggesting is a sleet storm for the general region. Qpf would be suggesting roughly an inch. Temps are really border line with the 850's especially up through our area. It wouldn't take much for us to score here.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just woke up a few mins ago. Looks like close to an inch and snowing moderately. Looked at the radar loop and lol, looks my yard was in a dry hole(as usual) for a while.

Had to visit the little boy's room around 1:30. Needless to say I disturbed my dogs and they decided it was time I got up. Looked outside and saw the snow so I decided I agreed with them. :)

• Like 2

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Had to visit the little boy's room around 1:30. Needless to say I disturbed my dogs and they decided it was time I got up. Looked outside and saw the snow so I decided I agreed with them. :)

I'm super busy with work so I have had little time to track and really didn't have any expectations. Trends yesterday on the models were shifting the best banding to my N and NE, so I am a little surprised at whats out there now. Maybe I can exceed an inch for the third time this winter!

20 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I'm super busy with work so I have had little time to track and really didn't have any expectations. Trends yesterday on the models were shifting the best banding to my N and NE, so I am a little surprised at whats out there now. Maybe I can exceed an inch for the third time this winter!

C.A.P.E.town. Snow Capital of the Eastern Shore.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Radar shows a really heavy slug headed to the eastern shore ...where's @Cape?

Yeah maybe it can end with a bit of a bang here. Back to pixie dust currently lol. That slug looks like it could be some snow missiles mixed with sleet.

• Like 1