Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

If u look at the current radar you can see that the precip may even end up further north than what the Euro is depicting.  I’m the biggest weenie there is but i think South of the MD/PA line will be lucky to see a snow shower or two. Hope I’m wrong of course.

What radar?

8 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

If u look at the current radar you can see that the precip may even end up further north than what the Euro is depicting.  I’m the biggest weenie there is but i think South of the MD/PA line will be lucky to see a snow shower or two. Hope I’m wrong of course.

I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion...the area of precip that will be mainly effecting us hasn’t even developed yet 

• Like 1

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Rough. 850 retreats to NW of the cities before sliding back down south as the low is winding up. Haven't looked at surface.

I see.  Thank you.  this upcoming period seems like a muddled mess.  but the changes are exciting to watch.  Lets say the coastal blows up..maybe it helps next week..wishful thinking but who knows..no one for sure

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion...the area of precip that will be mainly effecting us hasn’t even developed yet 

I was looking out at the precip in the western Kentucky area.  Sounds like I’m wrong so i can go back to full weenie mode.  

4 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I was looking out at the precip in the western Kentucky area.  Sounds like I’m wrong so i can go back to full weenie mode.  

I mean I agree that the focus is north of DC and maybe even a bit north of Baltimore but I think here in Baltimore I’ll see a little more than just a snow shower...my bar is 1”

1 minute ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

I mean I agree that the focus is north of DC and maybe even a bit north of Baltimore but I think here in Baltimore I’ll see a little more than just a snow shower...my bar is 1”

Definitely rooting for you to get snow. You are definitely in the game. I’m not even in the stadium lol 

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

Definitely rooting for you to get snow. You are definitely in the game. I’m not even in the stadium lol 

Honestly it feels like I’m just in the stadium getting drunk watching a terrible team (the orioles will be this year). I’m kind of annoyed with all these little storms. To not get a solid all snow/cold smoke 6’incher is disappointing in a winter where we expected a bit more. I understand that some people to my west/southwest have done pretty well but I really haven’t outside of 2 storms and even those 2 weren’t THAT great. Oh well

• Haha 1

Just now, H2O said:

This storm has bust written all over it for everyone unless you are 10 miles from the M/D line

Eh, that's what we've been saying before every little storm this year.  Then the morning of the storm we're all pleasantly surprised and end up with 2-3".  I bet this storm will work out the same.  

• Like 1

Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Yeah not sure it’s that much better for DC but it is for Baltimore. 3-5am looks like a good snow band on the Baltimore and north area 

It's a little more robust south.  I know the specifics of banding won't be decided until its happening but there was a better expanse of the precip.

Just now, osfan24 said:

I was just about to say that. I'm looking at 12K but it's too warm unless you are way west.

Yup.  A nice 34 degree rainy coastal.  Western VA and MD stay frozen all day with mixed precip.  Looks like closer in with a change back over but its moving out by then.  

Planning for a 2-4” inch event here in Howard county. Looks like a good bet for most of central Maryland up through the pa line. Dc is likely 1-2”. Montgomery county into NoVa is a wild card IMO... could easily see 1-2 or 2-4” depending on how that band sets up. Back off the ledge from weenie suicide guys....

12k NAM showing coastal development is interesting. Doubt it means much for this storm. BUT.. could change Sunday for the better if it strengthens and turns into a 50/50 of sorts, pushing the Sunday-Mon storm south of us.  

• Like 1

Just now, jayyy said:

Planning for a 2-4” inch event here in Howard county. Looks like a good bet for most of central Maryland up through the pa line. Dc is likely 1-2”. Montgomery county into NoVa is a wild card IMO... could easily see 1-2 or 2-4” depending on how that band sets up. 

I understand a lot of guidance says that but I would honestly lean 1-2” thru your area into Baltimore...2-3” north of us. 

• Like 1

Very confusing reading this thread.  Seems like we may now may have the potential for two small bursts of snow.  A Friday am snow burst from 2-5am and perhaps another snow burst Saturday early am.  If you happen to be under both bursts, and temps cooperate. you may end up with 4 or so inches.  Then again, you may end up with fizzle or a dusting.  GOOD LUCK!

Good riddance, AA County.  No snow days left in the calendar.

IF SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ON EITHER FRIDAY, MARCH 1, OR MONDAY, MARCH 4: Tuesday, March 5, becomes a normal school day and parent-teacher conferences are canceled.

IF SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ON BOTH FRIDAY, MARCH 1, AND MONDAY, MARCH 4: Tuesday, March 5, becomes a normal school day and parent-teacher conferences are canceled. Additionally, the last day of the school year for students would move from Friday, June 14, to Monday, June 17.