• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

can we stop saying things like the NAM3 has 5" and crap that like?    The TT 10:1 map has 5".    The model does not.    If you want to know what the actual model is doing, look at the snow depth change or Ferrier maps.     They're much lower, indicating significant riming of the snow, consistent with the forecast soundings which show a possible warm layer around 800.    It's marginal with that warm nose, so those depth and Ferrier maps may end up too light, but the model does not have 5".     

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, high risk said:

can we stop saying things like the NAM3 has 5" and crap that like?    The TT 10:1 map has 5".    The model does not.    If you want to know what the actual model is doing, look at the snow depth change or Ferrier maps.     They're much lower, indicating significant riming of the snow, consistent with the forecast soundings which show a possible warm layer around 800.    It's marginal with that warm nose, so those depth and Ferrier maps may end up too light, but the model does not have 5".     

what?! snowmaps dont lie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So what does it make me when its a good event for the "northern tier" but the max is still south of me?  lol

I'm currently seeing someone who lives in Westminster...needless to say she will be staying at my place for this event 

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So what does it make me when its a good event for the "northern tier" but the max is still south of me?  lol

You will not like the GFS, I sure don't.  I am going with the NAMs  I hope they have a better handle than the goofy GFS   

21 minutes ago, high risk said:

LOL.   It was too much and too confusing for me to write  "for the southern half of the northern tier."    

I was just poking fun lol.  Guidance wont nail the exact placement of that tiny band from this range yet plus this is really a function of just how meso scale this "storm" really is. 

16 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm currently seeing someone who lives in Westminster...needless to say she will be staying at my place for this event 

I can't remember any season where there was such a consistent exact sharp cutoff in the max snowfall like this.  Even in 2010 when MD was the bullseye there were storms throughout the year that veered from that to the north and south.  There wasn't the same general cutoff for snowfall from every event.   I have been inside the northern edge of the best stuff a few times... and just outside it most of the time, but its been somewhere right in this same area with every snowfall event this winter that impacted the mid atlantic.  Really odd.  Probably just a fluke thing. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

In years past I would joke right now about being fringed.... I don't really feel like joking about that right now.  Maybe mother nature is paying me back for all those years of making fun of that prospect. 

Lol. I kid you not that just this morning I was thinking to myself how this guy was always paranoid about getting fringed and we would end up getting nailed. Now we're getting punished. Unbelievable.

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I can't remember any season where there was such a consistent exact sharp cutoff in the max snowfall like this.  Even in 2010 when MD was the bullseye there were storms throughout the year that veered from that to the north and south.  There wasn't the same general cutoff for snowfall from every event.   I have been inside the northern edge of the best stuff a few times... and just outside it most of the time, but its been somewhere right in this same area with every snowfall event this winter that impacted the mid atlantic.  Really odd.  Probably just a fluke thing. 

I can relate to this as well for MBY.  It is amazing repetition this winter with the gradient location and yeah I guess its a fluke thing , but still annoying amongst other things this winter season.  Maybe we can buy 50 miles in 36 hours.  But like you said, this is a tiny feature, so good luck to the models.