Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 1, 2019 Light Snow Chance

WxUSAF

29 minutes ago, Ji said:

18z euro is a disaster. thats the 2nd snow threat in 2 weeks the euro has teased us with and took away

image.thumb.png.847660e999fc1cf40b45ad61cf42be8c.png

This map doesn’t look terrible when the greatest potential out of this was maybe 1-3” in the first place. If you think of it like that this euro map doesn’t look terrible and still leaves the door open for a general 1-3” event. It does show snow...

9 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

NAM is almost 4-6" here, it's one of those storms that will only trend wetter as we get closer. I think NAM is closer than other models. 

Disagree...this is the type of system that the NAM over exaggerates on the northern extent of a jet streak when a low is way to the south. It’s out to lunch. I wouldn’t expect anyone to do better than a coating of snow with this. 

NAM is a wet outlier, but the NAM3, CMC, and GFS are somewhat in line for 1-2" across parts of DC Metro.

FV3 was good too, especially for a certain city in Central Virginia. It’s all FRZA/ICEP to the south of there though, it’s not actually a uniform 1-3” across most of Virginia.

b139a5baa592401cbe23818af6a72802.jpg&key=caa2d50725eafe2b5febbfabf5a2a932f90afc5fa7a895ab80a5b903979c8fdf

edit: how did I not see the post about me. whatever. I’m keeping this one

• Like 2

6z nam holds strong for a big sleeter 

Full disclosure guys....I'm small game hunting I want to nickel and dime my way to 30" on the season...give me 4 more 1" storms and I'm happy...forget getting a 20" storm I'd rather watch a 1" melt in 5 minutes instead of a 20" storm that melts in 6 minutes. That's just me guys...wish me luck. :hurrbear:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

6z nam holds strong for a big sleeter 

Full disclosure guys....I'm small game hunting I want to nickel and dime my way to 30" on the season...give me 4 more 1" storms and I'm happy...forget getting a 20" storm I'd rather watch a 1" melt in 5 minutes instead of a 20" storm that melts in 6 minutes. That's just me guys...wish me luck. :hurrbear:

Lol you do have skills I’ll give you that. 

• Haha 1