• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

First call for tomorrow night's event. I may do an update tomorrow afternoon if it's necessary. Snow growth looks putrid in southern CT on the NAM/GFS. Northern CT is a little bit better esp around BDL and IJD. EC probably the most bullish right now but i cant see that in BUFKIT. Best shot for 3 or 4" looks like the hills of NE CT down to just a coating in extreme SW CT near the NY boarder. 

Don't forget to send me them totals after the "storm" is over :mapsnow:

02_27.19_snow_forecast_1.thumb.jpg.35666ea40bd3f84e64084445a7cda296.jpg

• Like 1

I'm sticking with 2-5" for most of SNE. Risk of less than 2" is roughly SW third of CT and maybe along the NH border but the latter is prob still going to crack 2". 

The 4-5" amounts will be in a weenie band or two where he lift is deeper and the ratios are close to 20 to 1. Prob outside of that the ratios will be like 12-15 to 1. The soundings are pretty supportive of good snow growth...the lift will decide whether it's just decent ratios or great ratios. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those 4-6” amounts look south of there 

I don’t know, whatever. It’s a light event for the most part. Could be enhancement on the eastern shore too. I’m only expecting a few inches for most with a narrow area doing better. Ratios will be good in spots.

24 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

You're thinking higher like 3-6?   Most guidance and what I've read from mets and others on here, they're leaning 2-4

Ya I’d stay 2-4.  3-6 is a lil high imo as of now.  If things ramp up a bit more overnight..then that’s different.   And with this winter being what it is...keep em low and you’re better off.