Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

I wasn't expecting much, a coating to an inch was about it...but at this point we might not see anything besides a few stray flurries, nws still has an advisory for 1-2 inches. Last week were were expecting 1-3 and woke up with 0.25" of sleet...

Yikes. Yeah, Upton can't seem to get anything right these days.

I'm still waiting for my 24"-36" from Jan 15' they were still forecasting hours after storm started!

The SPC mesoanalysis has the best 850 fronto across E CT/RI/SE MA...from there and a bit north of there (prob where best 800mb fronto is) we are seeing the precip echoes regenerating. The best frontogenesis actually curves up in NY State which is why the radar looks like it does.

Feb27_1005pmRadar.gif

Feb27_MLfronto10pm.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The SPC mesoanalysis has the best 850 fronto across E CT/RI/SE MA...from there and a bit north of there (prob where best 800mb fronto is) we are seeing the precip echoes regenerating. The best frontogenesis actually curves up in NY State which is why the radar looks like it does.

Despite the poor snow growth, I think qpf forecasts are working out here.  Moderate dense snow, close to 1".   I threw a few shovels full and despite it being 19F it was pretty heavy.  Weird winter.

• Like 1