Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That was already modeled to be fine, this is more to calm to worries of those that can still see the sun despite snow  in the forecast.

The HREFs of the SPC, Scott N's favorite HIRES model, shows a 24-hour max of around 8-10" with a 12-15" max about 30 miles east of CHH.  I was wondering, could we get intense banding to develop off the ocean moving westward from the east?  We have low-level easterly flow develop later tonight?

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The HREFs of the SPC, Scott N's favorite HIRES model, shows a 24-hour max of around 8-10" with a 12-15" max about 30 miles east of CHH.  I was wondering, could we get intense banding to develop off the ocean moving westward from the east?  We have low-level easterly flow develop later tonight?

I wouldn't get too psyched over the max product. The NSSL and ARW members go a little nuts with the OES. 

But the PMM (probability matched mean) snowfall is probably a good sense of your personal upper bound. 6" with 2-4" from synoptic plus ocean enhancement is a fair high end goal post.

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I wouldn't get too psyched over the max product. The NSSL and ARW members go a little nuts with the OES. 

But the PMM (probability matched mean) snowfall is probably a good sense of your personal upper bound. 6" with 2-4" from synoptic plus ocean enhancement is a fair high end goal post.

Excellent, I love the weather, allows learning something new every day.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

18z Nammy really likes eastern MA areas

qpf_acc.us_ne.thumb.png.e806e32e993663558eefc84164f9daaa.png

SE MA has been in the sweet spot for a long time now. Should get some OES enhancement too which will help...esp for those areas somewhat close to the coast. 

The question for elsewhere is where that best ribbon of fronto occurs. Been pretty consistently between the pike and the N MA border but some guidance is a little south and some is skewed a little north of that. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

SE MA has been in the sweet spot for a long time now. Should get some OES enhancement too which will help...esp for those areas somewhat close to the coast. 

The question for elsewhere is where that best ribbon of fronto occurs. Been pretty consistently between the pike and the N MA border but some guidance is a little south and some is skewed a little north of that. 

The OES enhanced stuff could be uber fluff.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

The OES enhanced stuff could be uber fluff.

Yeah definitely. It's like -10C in the OES zone of 900mb...that's prob equivalent to like -14C or -15C in non-OES conditions given all the salt nuclei in those spots with the onshore flow. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

who is performing the measurement on the whale's backside?