Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Lift more solidly in the DGZ for NE MA, but CT is a warmer (near -10C) column for lift. Not bad, but enough to be a difference with that model.

The DGZ is really deep too on the MA sounding. Prob a lot of hooked dendrites which will stack up really efficiently. 

Perhaps it's just a resolution thing, but when you look at soundings from like Tropical Tidbits or Cod they are a bit different than Bufkit. Looking at Tropical Tidbits and Cod (speaking in CT specifically) the soundings looks saturated, but on bufkit you can definitely see that isn't the case...especially in the SGZ. Anyways...looking back to what Steve posted, there is a definitive difference between lift in central CT and NE CT.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The Reggie queen map would suggest some low end warning amounts in spots given the soundings. I wouldn't be confident enough to forecast that much for any specific point, but someone is gonna see it I think. Much better for most of the CT peeps than the NAM/RAP/RPM/HRRR 

IMG_2551.PNG

SE MA approved. Hopefully it can verify better than the last few storms.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tolland saved by the GFS.

IMG_2373.thumb.PNG.92df5bc95ee5e137a05be2993e18b1f5.PNG

Eventually once you push that out to 30h, it gives a little weenie 0.50 near union CT. 

Mesos (minus rgem) are prob too far north and GFS/rgem is prob too far south. Blend 'em up. It should be a solid event for like 3 quarters of SNE...and I'll bet CNE doesn't do that bad either. Esp near Mitch. He's prob gonna put up an 8 or 9 spot on like 0.4 qpf.