• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

I'd be happy with 2 inches of snow at this point, rather than an inch of slush, or an inch that fell on a spreadsheet while I slept, then woke to rain.

Once again, there's some minor discrepancies that will probably end up with some ending up feeling screwed out of a couple promised inches.  If I had to guess on who'd be screwed, it'd be the south coast, vs the pike, of course, but its all minutia. 

It's a clipper.  And it's my best hope so far.  What a winter.

3 hours ago, 203whiteout said:

I’m 29 years old and cannot remember a winter less snowy in SW CT. Only year that comes to mind is 2001-2002 which I remember us still getting a storm during the “winter” of 6”+ from a single event. I believe it was the same storm the “tuck rule” game was played in (NE vs OAK). This storm looks to be following a similar suit as previous events this season. 2-4” general for SNE with the exception of course SW CT (1”-2”) very sad year for snow lovers in Fairfield County. 

Yes 01-02 was far worse. BDR had 8.5" on the season, i came in with 7.0". And the one storm you are remembering is correct, it was an ADV 3-6" statewide during the Foxborough game. Jan 19th 2002. If you got 6" you got the jackpot, it was likely 4 or 5" down there. 06-07 was bad and 11-12. 

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea I saw those but look this time at all the models little qpf maxes, Finger lakes, Berks , Orh  cty, NWRI Cape. Pretty cool

Toss those extremes...it overdoes it. It busts on QPF almost every time up here where it tries to put me in a black hole.