Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Given H7 RH, I wouldn’t be a QPF queen in the rt2 to SNH area. 

I really hope I don't have our 1st snow day... Thursday is my final day of my ski club. If we lose it, we have to do it next week... plus it would push me to June 14...One more and it is into the next week

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I really hope I don't have our 1st snow day... Thursday is my final day of my ski club. If we lose it, we have to do it next week... plus it would push me to June 14...One more and it is into the next week

You want snow....you take it when you can get it...That's It!!  Enjoy whatever comes.  Maybe just a nice delay???  We only have one snow day here so far.  

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Bufkit soundings look pretty horrific down this way and I'm not a big fan of a NW llvl flow. Tons of dry air within the SGZ...not a whole lot of showing of RH with respect to ice > 100% and RH is generally under 90%...not good. Should be some subsidence sucking somewhere. 

1448818695_022719CTsnowmap.png.63b4a4bde05dce4ac90e0a19e1e198f2.png

Take em up 

• Thanks 1

Why is Wiz looking for RH's w/ respect to ice of over 100%?

edit....n/m. I misinterpreted what he was getting at. I was thinking he was looking for RH above 100% in order for it to be saturated with respect to ice when in reality it'd be much lower than 90%.

Anyway, I think you're worrying too much here Paul. You're starting off with plenty of saturation in the column up to H55 on the NAM. It's a decently deep DGZ aloft as well.