SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Damaging Wind With Forests Leveled

Damage In Tolland

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Big damage event here first of 4 in 17 /18

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lost power for about 12 hours in that event in 2017. 

I think I was at about a week in West Methuen. No hospitals or even a convenience  store on my grid. To bad that came in the middle of the night. I got some photos somewhere of a line of power poles snapped in two in town I’ll dig up. I don’t expect this too be nearly as damaging. 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

For anyone to hit 80 mph you need one of two things, either to 100% mix down the top of the boundary layer and have models be off by 5-10 knots to boot, OR you have a poorly sited anemometer that has some localized channeling effects. 

Port colburne hit 80 mph yesterday. But thats a weenie spot in a near perfect lake funneling set up. Even buf couldnt manage 70 mph. 

2 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I'm staying in Leominster and at the hotel, there are over 100 national grid guys, with no less than 18 bucket truck and one 90 footer

I work on the other side of Plastic-Ville, but my room is on an interior lightwell, so I can't see any trees, etc.

Those folks from the power companies will be busy methinks

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I work on the other side of Plastic-Ville, but my room is on an interior lightwell, so I can't see any trees, etc.

Those folks from the power companies will be busy methinks

there nust be action, because usually when they deploy to an area expecting damage, they just chill until there is something to go to, and there is only one bucket truck left here now, so I would assume there are trees/power lines down around...it seems like every time I stay up this way, whatever hotel, there are national grid guys staying thee, weird