Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Damaging Wind With Forests Leveled

Damage In Tolland

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

9-10am

Yea that’s def when we get closer to the main event ramp up.  I guess I’m saying people will start reporting obs and stop mocking this as a non-event shortly after sunrise. I think we’ll get some help from compressional heating before the sun does most of the work.

I was just outside moving some furniture and it’s already gusty here. Could also see some low level clouds racing across the sky just above the surface... 

6 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea that’s def when we get closer to the main event ramp up.  I guess I’m saying people will start reporting obs and stop mocking this as a non-event shortly after sunrise. I think we’ll get some help from compressional heating before the sun does most of the work.

I was just outside moving some furniture and it’s already gusty here. Could also see some low level clouds racing across the sky just above the surface... 

Once damage occurs to the doubters neighborhoods, the doubt will turn into “wow, this is as bad as they’ve ever seen” 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Once damage occurs to the doubters neighborhoods, the doubt will turn into “wow, this is as bad as they’ve ever seen” 

I haven’t measured this up against other similar events, but it does look impressive and impactful for a very large swath of the subforum. Your comment may come down to how many pines vs (leafless) deciduous trees a person has in their neighborhood/backyard....

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This will not touch the canes I’ve seen ....not close.   It would be more impactful with leaves on the trees.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No one said that , but you’ll have trees down as will every city and town in New England. 

The post I quoted was you saying we’d say wow that’s the worst we’ve ever seen....so you said that.

I’m looking at the woods as I type this.  How different will it look tomorrow?  My thoughts are not much.   I may have some limbs go through.  Widespread limb damage yes.  Widespread loss of trees no.