Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Next week creeping back a tad?

It's like the R-wave door of opportunity swings dramatically open to announce the arrival of ... no one.  At least going by the Euro...virtually so.  No one walks thru the door.

Talking about the PNA that even it agrees will evolve thru the overall synoptic evolution D6-10.  I suppose wasted opportunity when the collective has been bludgeoned to the point of insurmountable doubt and jaded to the point of no longer even caring, may have it's hidden blessing...

But, having such a strong +PNA (as of yesterday ...) signal for so long, and seeing what the Euro's rendition of it has been ...? Wow, does that ever leave everything field.  It's incredible... it's near perfection in placement and amplitude with western ridging (the best all year actually, only here at the end); yet, the couple down stream r-wave trough is utterly gutted of anything at all. It's just empty ... It's the shell of a storm pattern.

I'd even argue that weak closing thing scooting off the M/A there at the end ...? Not real ..  that's really just the curved structure being conserved when the trough pulls away too and pinches off the curvature.  That's what it looks like...  almost doing that.  There's really only vague S/W mechanical presence there ... and again, it's like an empty flow.  

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mar_13_2018_Snow_Plot_exp (1).png

Yeah that 8 inch figure probably reflects the hilly areas to my northwest. I pulled maybe 3-4 inches and watched it melt and run down the drain while you and Ray were doing naked cartwheels. I will say areas to my west from Easton up to Watertown did do better. I was just in a giant subby hole between bands in my hood.

Just now, Hoth said:

Yeah that 8 inch figure probably reflects the hilly areas to my northwest. I pulled maybe 3-4 inches and watched it melt and run down the drain while you and Ray were doing naked cartwheels. I will say areas to my west from Easton up to Watertown did do better. I was just in a giant subby hole between bands in my hood.

Yikes

imageproxy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nice! Lot of snow up your way, I've been riding in your area that last couple weeks, Going up that way again this weekend.

My current plan would have me on the ice at Flying Pond, near the Vienna-Mt. Vernon line along Rt 41.  Only been there twice this year but had some nice bass each time.

I'll take 26 years ago today. Hard to believe it's been that long.

I'd prefer 35 years ago tomorrow - 26.5" that finished burying the 61" stake seen upthread (though it was in the back settlement of Fort Kent then.)

hate to admit ... this year in particular but the 06z GFS' D7 + evolution is a much better fit for it's own GEFs derivatives, which still as of this morning argue for amplitude (that the Euro seems like it's been conked on the head and can't use for some reason) 

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yikes

imageproxy.gif

I remember that the "forecast" was for the 2' jack to be just nw of PYM....I was optimistic in the lead up that the mid level gods would have higher aspirations for ne MA. Once we got to like 1-2am, John (earthlight) was texting me about the insane sounding for KBED and I knew for sure this would be one for the ages IMBY for two reasons:

1) That radar right there...the storm in the .id levels was taking off, and the death band setting up over MTP extrapolated to go right over me.

2) PYM area began as an extended period of rain relative to expectation....and even I began as rain before flashing over to powder. It was paradoxical in a sense that seeing rain drops fall had never elicited so much excitement from me, as it confirmed for me that a historical event was en route.

Just now, dryslot said:

This March won't be as memorable as last march, 15" on 3/8, 18" on 3/13, No storm this season of 10".

We really scratched and clawed our way to near normal this year. Lots of small, messy, PITA events. It made for good pack retention despite the occasional rain storm.