• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

March Disco

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

We all know those who like high dews are few. Chamber of commerce weather is what everyone likes let's do this. 82/55 day after day COC

Perfect summer.

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Never again. Fighting mildew all gd summer. Awful awful awful.

There was a huge mold problem in my dorm building at school. They had to go room-to-room and take down wall paper and inspect for mold and then clean rooms which were problematic. Had some in our suite and we had to vacate for like 7 hours while they cleaned. 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We (my hood) had a nice June (hot and dry) but after the first week in July it was awful.  Dews, rain, dews rain...gross, smelly, mold growing nastiness.  Not sure how that was pleasant.

Give me CoC anytime

That sounds like CoC to me 

I feel about dew points like a point of fear - 

As C02 increases and the ambient temperatures of the planet warms (and plausibly accelerates in doing so), this concomitantly evaporates more and more moisture into gaseous form. 

Keep in mind, water vapor's specific heat is several orders of magnitude greater than free air without any vapor in it... Such that it is a tremendously valuable ... "invaluable" actually ... thermal regulator. But all that power means that if the dial of aromatic vapor moves a little bit, ...there is going to "precipitate"  ...shameless I know ... a ginormous set of plausible and so far... actually verifiable devastating consequences.  Hot temperature indexes are just one of those ... but that's chicken shit problematic. We're already seeing species extinction rates exceed the geologic records, proven to be caused by warm region's native biota unable to adapt at the same rate of the change. ...Which means to biology ... we are IN an extinction event.  Guess what happens when the oceans warm faster than the phytoplankton species that fix atmospheric C02 into O2 can adapt ...and they enter the extinction envelope?  Good luck talking about DPs without any air!  This is not the place nor the intent to discuss climate-change ramifications ... so apologies; it's just to this wanting high DPs business.  Now of all times that is ... really in bad taste. 

I often thought about last years June 30 through July 5 historic 500 mb isohypsotic Venetian ridge over eastern N/A...  How the DPs kept the temperatures down.  This occurred to me (ironically) when observing the cycle outputs of the GFS's 2-meter temperatures ... as they were consummately between 106 and 115 F for much of the New England region ... of course, no hope of ever verifying.  Thank god!  But, why ..why was it doing this?  Aside from overall ...embarrassingly bad (if at all) capability to assess BL meteorology ... the particular of that missing code/physics in the model was that the DPs were way ...waaaay shirked in every model run over what would ultimately transpire.  It was putting up 110/66 type numbers (just using that as an example..relax) ...when what really verified was more like 98/76 ... even saw some Davis' with 79 to 81 DP in that four day core of high torridity.   But what I keep wondering/imagining is that the DPs actually exceeded the sun's (relative to our latitude) ability to heat it... Like, the DP/water robbed energy/ thermodynamically within the boundary layer.  

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We all know those who like high dews are few. Chamber of commerce weather is what everyone likes let's do this. 82/55 day after day COC

That is ideal summer weather for many people. That weather is the best for doing almost any outdoor activity. And not running up an electric bill that resembles the national debt. I do think we are headed towards another hot summer. Can't wait for the non stop window AC "advice".

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Days like these you take the shovel out at toss any piled up snow in the street to help it melt faster.

Wow, you would love my neighbor who goes out and snow blows the snow from shaded areas into sunny ones.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been a strange one. For the overperforming Nov event, then non stop snow to rainers, to the cold tuck should have been rain but went straight to ice, and then the few 3-5” events followed by the big boy last week. That storm last week being one of the best positive busts I can recall in a long time. Go figure. 

You might be the only SNE poster that hits their average snowfall. 

52 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

It isn't the south, but living in central Delaware was horrible. Between the Chesapeake, Delaware Bay and the ocean, it never dried out. It was dews, all the time from like May to October...mosquitoes and sticky all the time, no thanks...I don't mind them from time to time though, reminds you that it is summer.

Caesar Rodney high school class of 1981 graduate here! I grew up outside of Dover.  Rehoboth always took the edge off, and still does one week a year every year of my life

24 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Days like these you take the shovel out at toss any piled up snow in the street to help it melt faster.

And then the person who does that  complains when a car hits the snow and slides into the yard or hits something on the property. Witnessed that last winter in my neighborhood. 

51 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There was a huge mold problem in my dorm building at school. They had to go room-to-room and take down wall paper and inspect for mold and then clean rooms which were problematic. Had some in our suite and we had to vacate for like 7 hours while they cleaned. 

Yeah, that was me from like August to early October. Sweating walls and furniture, mold growing effing everywhere. I don't mind a little heat and humidity here and there, but the sustained nature of it last summer was almost beyond endurance. Never seen so many 70-80 degree dews.

32 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, you would love my neighbor who goes out and snow blows the snow from shaded areas into sunny ones.

My father-in-law (RIP) used to do thay.  He would snowblow anything within 15' of his house

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, that was me from like August to early October. Sweating walls and furniture, mold growing effing everywhere. I don't mind a little heat and humidity here and there, but the sustained nature of it last summer was almost beyond endurance. Never seen so many 70-80 degree dews.

Only 1 person liked the summer of 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

During the summer, I really don't mind upper 80s into the 90s as long as the dews are below 62 or so.

I'm on vacation then...I have the pool and screen porch and a fridge full of beverages. That other crap can suck it

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Only 1 person liked the summer of 2018.

It's not like there was a lot of thunderstorm activity either iirc        If we can bang a few when the dews are high that can help, but it was just rain, and clouds, and mank for weeks

In really shocking news the 987 low off SC on the 12z euro yesterday is now a weak 1005 low that slides way out to sea. Now that we are done with that let’s bring on spring. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Backdoor potential with exiting storm south of us but the Conus looks warm.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.thumb.png.2b9aca07a9d15127cfae6230ce069639.png

It's going to be interesting to see how the deep snowpack in SE Canada impacts the spring weather as we go forward.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

2019-03-12_15-23-39_zps0d0wpzf1.gif

Now that's how you dynamically lift a layer. (KBFF)

It would be cool if that would happen over L.A. 

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how the deep snowpack in SE Canada impacts the spring weather as we go forward.

Flooding?

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

Caesar Rodney high school class of 1981 graduate here! I grew up outside of Dover.  Rehoboth always took the edge off, and still does one week a year every year of my life

I lived 10 minutes north of Smryna...Grandparents always had a place 2 minutes from Bethany Beach, probably spent half my life down there. It has gotten way too busy down there to enjoy it like it used to be...still good times to be had though.

32 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I'd take a repeat of last summer...in a heartbeat. Loved the warmth even if it came with the dews.

Y0u didn't have 30" of rain in 3 months.   It absolutely sucked in W NE for outdoor activity, gardening, mold etc.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

In really shocking news the 987 low off SC on the 12z euro yesterday is now a weak 1005 low that slides way out to sea. Now that we are done with that let’s bring on the -NAO, cutoff lows and weeks of clouds and cool temps. 

FYP. 

43 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Backdoor potential with exiting storm south of us but the Conus looks warm.

If you start from about four or five cycles ago and click through them ...the trend almost suggests this is still in flux and we may end up blasting the +PNA right off the maps before it's even had a chance to payoff for late winter enthusiasts.. I mean it's already there in that run ..but I mean more fully. As in, the ridge grows and engulfs and with the real end and relay right into green up triggering warmth

Can't say I'd be altogether disappointed in that happens.  But, I can dig it if things go back the other way ...

Thing is, this isn't the same sort of situation where we're all tracking some time and space ...then, it disappears, only to come back. That happens inside the same pattern... This is doing this with the entire circulation medium over this quadrature of the hemisphere.  

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You might be the only SNE poster that hits their average snowfall. 

The guy in Hingham I think is near 45” too and he’s by the water and measured a few times after it rained.  We got some snow events, they just never stuck around until Feb lol. 

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

I had a place on the Eastern Shore and it was absolutely torrid all summer. Gotta have Raynaud's to appreciate the sh*t.

Not sure why, but 75 degree dewpoint there is way worse than 75 dews in Key West. The occasional 70+ dews here are not in the same ballpark... Might be the DC/Baltimore/Wilmington/Jersey smog infused dews...