Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looks like that bit of rain the other night was a godsend for keeping a nice wintry look here. Reports of snow getting vaporized in NMass. Just trickles next to the driveway.  Sun felt great but clouds from the offshore storm mucking that up. 

I will be long gone before climate warming kills me unless Kevs cat 4 hits

Idk who is talking about snow being vaporized here, but its nonsense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to break into the Sunday mojo ... but man... the Euro puts up a perfect day for May next Wednesday ...  Every run looks a little better/polished, too... 

How about the +14 C 850s in deeply mixed BL pouring into CT/ W. Ma by late afternoon.  

That's gonna be rather abrupt... 

What's funny, that pattern at D10 ...ever so whispers watch out ...  

EPS member 30 would work out pretty well around here...That would easily put me above normal by the end of the 15 day period, Grazed on the 17th and destroyed around the 21st....Storybook ending to a garbage winter for SNE

43 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

EPS member 30 would work out pretty well around here...That would easily put me above normal by the end of the 15 day period, Grazed on the 17th and destroyed around the 21st....Storybook ending to a garbage winter for SNE

I don't gain access to individual EPS members but ... there are a few GEF individuals that hone amplitude between the 17th and 24th or so..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

The north shore of the St. Lawrence gets pummeled again.  Those folks seem to be having a banner year 

8 hours ago, dryslot said:

I'm hearing the pack in QUE is epic.

I've been looking at that area of Quebec City, especially areas just NE of the city all winter and they have just been getting hit with storm after storm. They must have over a 50" pack in the city proper.

Anyone have any pics of the banks and pack within the city and/or suburbs up there? And where could I find out how much snow YQB has fallen this year and any other stats there?

24 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I've been looking at that area of Quebec City, especially areas just NE of the city all winter and they have just been getting hit with storm after storm. They must have over a 50" pack in the city proper.

Anyone have any pics of the banks and pack within the city and/or suburbs up there? And where could I find out how much snow YQB has fallen this year and any other stats there?

A friend was up in that area a week ago.  

They seem to get hit with every single storm this winter.

IMG_2424.thumb.JPG.bc6a82e9ecb3f30bcedea771a1f75ee5.JPG

That's a lot of snow for an urban or suburban area.  Look how high those driveway cuts are, the snowbank is like halfway up that telephone pole.

IMG_2425.JPG.a3a675ab061d1cff5c6ecf54983f226e.JPG

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's a lot of snow for an urban or suburban area.  Look how high those driveway cuts are, the snowbank is like halfway up that telephone pole.

Yeah saw these the other day, thanks.

Almost every storm this year that has cut to our West or gone inland has crushed them up there. Even the low's that go through Chicago up to the NNE, cutting waaaay to the West of us have ended up dumping snow on that area with very limited rain since November.

YQB has to be off the charts!

12 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Almost every storm this year that has cut to our West or gone inland has crushed them up there. Even the low's that go through Chicago up to the NNE, cutting waaaay to the West of us have ended up dumping snow on that area with very limited rain since November.

I have followed this all winter, Everytime Northern Maine was inline for 12", That area was looking at 1-2'

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't gain access to individual EPS members but ... there are a few GEF individuals that hone amplitude between the 17th and 24th or so..

That particular member has 2-4 feet in the interior portions of SNE on north, alot less toward the coast....

42 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I would do pretty much anything  to have a winter like the here! 

40 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have followed this all winter, Everytime Northern Maine was inline for 12", That area was looking at 1-2'

Yeah it really has been nuts.  Almost worth a trip up to Quebec City...that St Lawrence valley north of NNE just got crushed with QPF laden snowstorms this season.  

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah it really has been nuts.  Almost worth a trip up to Quebec City...that St Lawrence valley north of NNE just got crushed with QPF laden snowstorms this season.  

Incredible actually, Got a few fraternal brothers up riding in the Gaspe this week and they said conditions there are incredible as well.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Was that second photo taken along 138 Est to the east of Quebec City?

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah but how? On a sun drenched runway? You are in a forest. Nobody should take any snow depth value this time of year seriously. 

Pretty easy here with a one inch ice crust. I take a bunch of measurements this time of year for my Cocorahs report and average but in the shade for w/e as the majority of the area is forested.  The report from the FIT area was of snow vaporized off roofs and depth dropping fast.  Probably a south side exposure 

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah but how? On a sun drenched runway? You are in a forest. Nobody should take any snow depth value this time of year seriously. 

We are getting to the time of year where snow depths vary crazy amounts.  I can already see up here the south facing snowbanks along the road are getting decimated while the shady side is still 5-6 feet high.  

Soon it'll be like 12" depths in south facing yards with 25+ in north facing yards.  CoCoRAHS depths start being a true scatter plot depending on aspect.

My depth on the western facing side of my yard that gets evening sun is still powdery and between 9 and 10 inches. 

Southwestern facing areas with little shade from trees is still snow covered but maybe only 3 inches max. Most could be gone in those areas by tomorrow night. We did make it to 37 today which helped melt it quite a bit.

20190308_181542.jpg

20190308_181736.jpg

53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty easy here with a one inch ice crust. I take a bunch of measurements this time of year for my Cocorahs report and average but in the shade for w/e as the majority of the area is forested.  The report from the FIT area was of snow vaporized off roofs and depth dropping fast.  Probably a south side exposure 

It’s not like there was a lot of depth in this area to begin with. And what we do have is not really a bullet proof pack of yore.  S facing areas are going quickly

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Steve, my yard is pretty representative...moderately shaded, but yet a fair amount of sun.

7.5" average.

2 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

My depth on the western facing side of my yard that gets evening sun is still powdery and between 9 and 10 inches. 

Southwestern facing areas with little shade from trees is still snow covered but maybe only 3 inches max. Most could be gone in those areas by tomorrow night. We did make it to 37 today which helped melt it quite a bit.

20190308_181542.jpg

20190308_181736.jpg

Hit 38 here....cold couple of mornings...-3.8 Thursday, down to 1* today. I radiate like a mofo being in a little valley...

18 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

How about LA never hitting 70 for the first time in Feb. Yea pretty silent.  Sad state of the hype media. Hard to even watch NBC nightly news with the agenda driven stuff. Thank god many of us educate ourselves and are not lemmings to the media agenda 

Late to the party....but shocked this didn't make an appearance.

11 hours ago, dryslot said:

Mon Dieu!!