Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

24 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Although I do not agree on ratter (D+ winter for me), I completely agree about 11/12, if its not going to be at least a C winter (avg snowfall), let's make it comfortable to go outside. Plua this winter was definitely the biggest tease I ever witnessed.

I mean, just taking the snowfall (35ish inches), plus it seemed relatively cold for the most. It would probably be around a C. However, when the details are added in, it definitely pushes things to the D range, even lower D end. A cold, snow-less winter would be the ultimate F winter....This winter was a tease and if it wasn't for the March "storm", it would have been an F...

42 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's entirely subjective ...

sure is, I lived in central Delaware for 6 years, this year would have been a B+, maybe even pushing an A with 35 inches of snow and cold that we had here.. and to think it is only a 4 hour drive from here...

I mean if you’re using a common grading scale... a C grade is average. So average snowfall, C grade in my opinion, then you factor in whatever else you want.

I didn’t hit average here, so I can’t justify giving this winter a C and when you factor in the majority of the snow fell in the fringe months, it takes it even lower. And the rain, bitter cold, rinse repeat cycle brings it down some more.

Essentially, didn’t reach average and met winter blew, a D grade is quite generous in this area 

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

:facepalm:  ...oh god, now we have to subjectively debate what grade is a ratter -...hahaha...

No one is debating. It’s all a personal opinion. Some peeps might call this a great winter.  I can’t really appreciate a Picasso but like a Monet.   

I prob should have posted it in banter though.  

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

sure is, I lived in central Delaware for 6 years, this year would have been a B+, maybe even pushing an A with 35 inches of snow and cold that we had here.. and to think it is only a 4 hour drive from here...

Well see ... this statement tries to be more logical than pure subectivity ...

I give you credit there, actually... because your statement is really more "relative" than it is subjective... and, it is relative to seasonal normal respective of geography.  :)

What I meant by subjective is 'whether one got their rocks off by the winter' and how good the orgasm was in doing so....  metaphorically speaking of course.   It's called dark-ish sarcasm.

But ...like all sarcasm has an element of truth to it, ... truth be [attempted] it would be fairer to do the regional-relative to seasonal normals thing, and let the subjective success vs failure narratives end up in poems, song and prose.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No one is debating. It’s all a personal opinion. Some peeps might call this a great winter.  I can’t really appreciate a Picasso but like a Monet.   

I prob should have posted it in banter though.  

Exactly ...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

:facepalm:  ...oh god, now we have to subjectively debate what grade is a ratter -...hahaha...

A ratter is defined by one's heart and soul as well as life experiences. Be it heating bills, sledding, nape tanning, model failure, its all relative as well as subjective.

In the end, when one is on their death bed surrounded by family, the many ratters one experienced will fade from consciousness and vanish. As with a lot in life, snowfall etc. mean nothing when all is said and done. All that matters is family and friends and the good times we had with the aforementioned.

GO YANKEES AND GIANTS!

4 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

A ratter is defined by one's heart and soul as well as life experiences. Be it heating bills, sledding, nape tanning, model failure, its all relative as well as subjective.

In the end, when one is on their death bed surrounded by family, the many ratters one experienced will fade from consciousness and vanish. As with a lot in life, snowfall etc. mean nothing when all is said and done. All that matters is family and friends and the good times we had with the aforementioned.

GO YANKEES AND GIANTS!

Omg!  ... you were doing so well... then -

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Omg!  ... you were doing so well... then -

27 world series titles baby! 4 Super bowl wins twice against the Pats!

Seriously though, the 1986 Giants had to have the best coaching staff of all time. Parcels, Bellichek and Coughlin were on on that staff. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

27 world series titles baby! 4 Super bowl wins twice against the Pats!

Seriously though, the 1986 Giants had to have the best coaching staff of all time. Parcels, Bellichek and Coughlin were on on that staff. 

Lets hope the Yanks injuries stop. Geezuz 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

GO YANKEES AND GIANTS!

Ginxy and weathafella approved.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

We are split but more Yankees fans per latest polls. Shit I am from RI where there are a ton of Yanks fans and Giants too. You are too young to remember when the Giants were the only game in town. 

I always understood the Giants love but the Mass/RI Yankees thing always surprises me.  Often times it is generational.  The Sox were so bad for so long until 1967.  Root for a winner...    

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I always understood the Giants love but the Mass/RI Yankees thing always surprises me.  Often times it is generational.  The Sox were so bad for so long until 1967.  Root for a winner...    

I grew up a Yankee fan in NNJ.  A lot of folks from greater NY are in New England-many in the Boston area.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I grew up a Yankee fan in NNJ.  A lot of folks from greater NY are in New England-many in the Boston area.

They are also pretty big among students I teach, many of whom are Latino, so there might be a cultural piece as well.  

Anyhoo, March looks to be ending on a warm note.  

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We are split but more Yankees fans per latest polls. Shit I am from RI where there are a ton of Yanks fans and Giants too. You are too young to remember when the Giants were the only game in town. 

Used to be about 50/50 Sox/Yanks up here when I was growing up. It’s much more Sox now. Same with Canadiens/Bruins buts that’s shifted towards Boston now. There is still some Giants support too. For a time in the 50’s or 60’s they had a training camp in Burlington. Now it’s mainly Pats as the older fans that remember die off.