• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Meh ..  I wonder if folks were coveting some idea they'd see perfection out of this run ... Because now that I've seen it, I'm at a loss for the downer tenor ? Typically that's what happens ... Private/secret hopes raising gets let down and then stock market crashes in here. ha!

If doing this for winter enthusiasm that D4 is close enough to not disregard the potential just yet. 

Otherwise, it's a pretty text-book subsume phased solution by D4 ... Fascinating and meteorologically huge.  I suppose the difference between a GGEM and Euro evolution is all timing ... .really. Get the GGEM 12 hours later, you get a Euroesque result.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meh ..  I wonder if folks were coveting some idea they'd see perfection out of this run ... Because now that I've seen it, I'm at a loss for the downer tenor ? Typically that's what happens ... Private hopes raising gets let down and then stock market crashes in here. ha!

If doing this for winter enthusiasm that D4 is close enough to not disregard the potential just yet. 

Otherwise, it's a pretty text-book subsume phased solution by D4 ... Fascinating and meteorologically huge.  I suppose the difference between a GGEM and Euro evolution is all timing ... .really. Get the GGEM 12 hours later, you get a Euroesque result.

Yea, I'm not out on this yet. What I see is a continued trend by the Euro. Of course, Scooter will continue to make you poke your eyes out with a keyboard until he jackpots, but so be it...at least you won't be able to see it.

• Like 1

Pretty amazing 24-hour turn around it's got there on D5, too... 

I mean, wrapping up a plausible snow ending GOM bomb and twist around -10 C 850 mb temperature at 12z D4 ...and then 24-hours later it's +2 C at 850 SE of ALB with west-NW katabatic flow and open sky...  It would be funny if the Euro corrected 6 hours sooner and laid 8" down regionally, only to have that set of parameters gliding over top the very next day... 

The day would support 67 or something but the snow would mute it to 49 ... 

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I'm not out on this yet. What I see is a continued trend by the Euro. Of course, Scooter will continue to make you poke your eyes out with a keyboard until he jackpots, but so be it...at least you won't be able to see it.

I'm surprised you want slush. Usually you are all for a biggie.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol: can't blame him though.

Just now, Hazey said:

I hope model output improves next winter. I wasn't impressed with the amount of changes in the 3-5 day period. Sometimes even inside 3 days. Need to do better.

That's called weather. In certain regimes, it happens more than others. Stable blocking patterns will offer the most stability.