Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I like the warm seclusion on the Canadian.

Yeah the ICON did that too.. 

It's like a couple of renowned tin-foil hatted hill-people called NASA to let them know the aliens are coming - hm... should NASA believe 'em?  :) 

But, anyway ..fun-making aside, this situation just may be too explosive for some guidance to handle it physically -

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah seems to be related to what I was mentioning earlier with that vort. I'm glad it's producing fantasy TCs in March now.

That aspect no doubt appears wonky. But to me, if you compare H5 at hr 54 of the 12z GFS and 12z GGEM and then consider the GFS trending behind, it seems the GFS is heading towards that H5 GGEM depiction at hr 54–or at least a close resemblance of it...

There was a southern stream bomb ... last year or the year before, can't recall which ... but pressures plumbed to sub 960 passing well E of ACK and the storm was so large and powerful that it still clipped eastern areas by virtue of its size alone. 

We can get these diabatic fed-back beasts ...they don't all have to fantasies...  Course' reanalysis was never done on that one so I'm not sure.  

5 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That aspect no doubt appears wonky. But to me, if you compare H5 at hr 54 of the 12z GFS and 12z GGEM and then consider the GFS trending behind, it seems the GFS is heading towards that H5 GGEM depiction at hr 54–or at least a close resemblance of it...

I agree..it made a move,  I'm not trying to be negative, just not really into this one as far as excitement goes. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There was a southern stream bomb ... last year or the year before, can't recall which ... but pressures plumbed to sub 960 passing well E of ACK and the storm was so large and powerful that it still clipped eastern areas by virtue of its size alone. 

We can get these diabatic fed-back beasts ...they don't all have to fantasies...  Course' reanalysis was never done on that one so I'm not sure.  

Jan 4 2018. That storm was very well modeled and fully warm secluded off the nc coast. It set saint john nb's pressure record. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I agree..it made a move,  I'm not trying to be negative, just not really into this one as far as excitement goes. 

Yesterday you wanted a big windy Rainer , 

Would you rather just rains for everyone to Stowe and wind for your hood

seriously thou you see development being too late to give you your windy Rainer ?

• Like 1

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

Jan 4 2018. That storm was very well modeled and fully warm secluded off the nc coast. It set saint john nb's pressure record. 

Ya I figured that's what he was talking about...but wasn't sure if he was talking March of last year, or just last year in general.  Ya that thing was way out there and still gave interior SNE a Foot Plus(14-16 inches here) last January.  Too bad it wasn't closer in...would have been a true history maker for sure.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yesterday you wanted a big windy Rainer , 

Would you rather just rains for everyone to Stowe and wind for your hood

I think most would like a good storm. If I had a flash to 3" of paste with 60kt winds and Hubbdave got a foot...cool by me.  

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Parallel GFS trended toward stronger slower fwiw - 

That's 5 models going with the earlier/stronger development at 12z today.....Can we get Dr. No to jump on that trend too???  I'll take wind driven rain verses the boring 42 degree chill we have today.  55-60 degrees, or let it Nor' Easter with Rain or Of course Snow....

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ukie is a brutal elevation snowstorm for CNE/NNE 

Man 2" QPF on that for northern VT.  Now I'm starting to just want a high Stake reading.  Don't even care at home as I won't be in till Friday evening but give me like a 125" depth on Saturday morning up top.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Man 2" QPF on that for northern VT.  Now I'm starting to just want a high Stake reading.  Don't even care at home as I won't be in till Friday evening but give me like a 125" depth on Saturday morning up top.

You have the entire forum behind you rooting for the elusive 10 foot stake reading.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You have the entire forum behind you rooting for the elusive 10 foot stake reading.

In a list of things Will don't care about.... :lol:.  Like I said yesterday you guys would rather monitor bouy obs off trash island than snow depths in the mountains.

But c'mon it's got a decent period of record for 4kft.  Certainly not enough though for many to root for so they can watch a wind swept rainstorm outside their windows.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

In a list of things Will don't care about.... :lol:.  Like I said yesterday you guys would rather monitor bouy obs off trash island than snow depths in the mountains.

But c'mon it's got a decent period of record for 4kft.  Certainly not enough though for many to root for so they can watch a wind swept rainstorm outside their windows.  

I'll root for it, if we can get China style flooding later in April. Subaru Outbacks everywhere bobbing up and down the Winooski River.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I would def find more interest in it if I was skiing a lot this year....but I haven't been.

But yeah, I'm def not sacrificing a shot at a paste job so that the snow depth can go from 110 inches to 125 inches on a mountain 3-4 hours away from me. In the end, we're prob not getting much anyway down here...you'll get at least big upslope.