Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

11 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

18z gfs delivers the Rx to heal the Spring blues with mostly AN and succesive cutters.  Fentanyl run if you like snow and cold though, lots of folks checking out if that verifies.

It's doing it's typical act of bringing Heights almost to 580 and a big spring ridge while putting highs N at the sfc  though so it would be questionable how much warmth gets in here. It likes to do that in late March through May's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Born in Morristown. Family from Hackettstown. Panther Valley .Elevation and snowy lol. I’ve always had elevation 

Just the 200' difference from where I grew up (northern Morris County) and where I went to HS often made a huge difference.  The 1953 ice storm (I was in 1t grade then) was mostly rain in the lower spot, but took out our area's power for 6 days and filled the yard with 6' of cracked ice when the trees shed on day 3.  I don't think any of the larger trees got through it w/o major damage.

Just the 200' difference from where I grew up (northern Morris County) and where I went to HS often made a huge difference.  The 1953 ice storm (I was in 1t grade then) was mostly rain in the lower spot, but took out our area's power for 6 days and filled the yard with 6' of cracked ice when the trees shed on day 3.  I don't think any of the larger trees got through it w/o major damage.
Ha. Another NJ "native". Born in Morristown, lived in Millington until 10yo, then moved to Maine in 1983.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's doing it's typical act of bringing Heights almost to 580 and a big spring ridge while putting highs N at the sfc  though so it would be questionable how much warmth gets in here. It likes to do that in late March through May's.

Yeah, people will wish they uninstalled the storm windows from patio doors when they slam shut on ENE butt bang backdoor and shatter everywhere

This AMs 06z gfs is more tempered with the AN stuff....

33 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Did you look at the next two panels? ACATT.  It's really a series of frontal waves strung out, rather than a defined low

We sector

gfs_namer_204_10m_wnd_precip.gif

At this time of year ... model stochastic behavior gets excessive.  To the point where spending much time that far out in range, even in the sense of hobby-diversion with weather related social media ... is equally as futile.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, weathafella said:

I grew up a Yankee fan in NNJ.  A lot of folks from greater NY are in New England-many in the Boston area.

Wow, never realized all the Yankee love up here. Although now after seeing all the NNJ transplants up here, along with the CT crowd which is usually split Yankees-Red Sox, West-East of the river respectively, it makes sense.

Add me to the list. I try to watch at least parts of all 162 Yankee games/yr, if not, the full games.

I can even get 660AM WFAN in my car in Eastie if the weather conditions are right, which I think is pretty amazing being 200 miles away and pretty cool

57 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Wow, never realized all the Yankee love up here. Although now after seeing all the NNJ transplants up here, along with the CT crowd which is usually split Yankees-Red Sox, West-East of the river respectively, it makes sense.

Add me to the list. I try to watch at least parts of all 162 Yankee games/yr, if not, the full games.

I can even get 660AM WFAN in my car in Eastie if the weather conditions are right, which I think is pretty amazing being 200 miles away and pretty cool

Before I started listening to radio over my phone, I could generally pick up WFAN here 90% of the time. I always fall to sleep with the radio on and that was my go to station. 

Remember though, for most of its life WFAN was the Mets home station. I think WABC was the Yankees but I could be wrong about that. 

2 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Subscribe to Sirius.  You can listen to any MLB game you want to.