Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this maybe is one of those scenarios where the GFS shows that clown northwest solution and the euro starts finally coming northwest inside of 120 hours and we end up with a good event as a compromise...at least that would be the ideal scenario.

In a good winter we could almost call it play by play from here...but in this winter I expect something like a RIC snowstorm while we have overcast skies and cold temps for a day. 

I’m biased with a nice atmosphere for the time being, but yeah suppression is the risk. Nice atmosphere meaning cold low levels. On the other hand, storms of recently  jumped into play inside 72 hrs as well. More complicated meridional flow. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It was more low pressure along front going under on the gEFS. Suppression obviously atill a risk, but worth keeping an eye on. 

Scott, what do you think, can I start removing plow equipment say next Friday? or hold off into April? usually I wait till the first of April....this winter just sucked lol

12 minutes ago, 512high said:

Scott, what do you think, can I start removing plow equipment say next Friday? or hold off into April? usually I wait till the first of April....this winter just sucked lol

I always feel like you should hold off until April. While plowable is not likely, you never can quite rule it out. We thought winter was over in 2016 and then two snow events in April happened.

36 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Gets tiresome when people don't look for themselves and it's right there at their fingertips.

This is a discussion board...was on mobil and didn't have the time to go check, so I asked Scooter to just explain briefly what he meant.  Don't let it bother you Bob...just like you said don't let it bother me about DIT wish casting and baiting all the time.  We've all got our pet-peeves now don't we....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Gets tiresome when people don't look for themselves and it's right there at their fingertips.

23 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This is a discussion board...was on mobil and didn't have the time to go check, so I asked Scooter to just explain briefly what he meant.  Don't let it bother you Bob...just like you said don't let it bother me about DIT wish casting and baiting all the time.  We've all got our pet-peeves now don't we....

Same here. I will be looking quickly at a response on the board when on the phone, and sometimes it is nice to have a quick sentence or so to follow up when someone drops a statement out there.    Thumbing through model panes is not too great on my phone.

• Like 1