Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Meh ..  I wonder if folks were coveting some idea they'd see perfection out of this run ... Because now that I've seen it, I'm at a loss for the downer tenor ? Typically that's what happens ... Private/secret hopes raising gets let down and then stock market crashes in here. ha!

If doing this for winter enthusiasm that D4 is close enough to not disregard the potential just yet. 

Otherwise, it's a pretty text-book subsume phased solution by D4 ... Fascinating and meteorologically huge.  I suppose the difference between a GGEM and Euro evolution is all timing ... .really. Get the GGEM 12 hours later, you get a Euroesque result.

Surprised you’re not discussing the 62-65 degree , azure blue, white boys Napes burning , guys chucking frisbees in flops on  campus on Sunday weather being modeled 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Better measurement for the jackpot that he poo pooed.

I am having trouble seeing this getting to a point where anything more than an inch or two of paste will occur outside of Mt Watatic. I guess I don't see enough changes occurring in time for anything interesting outside of 1K.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Piggy pile on Scooter 

If people are happy with 2-4 then sure that’s much more attainable, esp ORH hills. Unless I’m misinterpreting wrong, I feel like some are thinking we could get 6-10+ with a bombing low east of chatham. To me, that seems awfully difficult to do. The airmass is terrible. That thing would need to nuke at a lower latitude for anything interesting outside of the KORH control tower. I’d be happy with an inch or two, but even that seems tough. 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If people are happy with 2-4 then sure that’s much more attainable, esp ORH hills. Unless I’m misinterpreting wrong, I feel like some are thinking we could get 6-10+ with a bombing low east of chatham. To me, that seems awfully difficult to do. The airmass is terrible. That thing would need to nuke at a lower latitude for anything interesting outside of the KORH control tower. I’d be happy with an inch or two, but even that seems tough. 

I'm pretty sure I said "more digging and an earlier capture" is what is needed. I guess I feel that is more correctable than you do.

Is it likely we see enough of a trend for big snow?

No-

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm pretty sure I said "more digging and an earlier capture" is what is needed. I guess I feel that is more correctable than you do.

Is it likely we see enough of a trend for big snow?

No-

I guess it depends on what you’re hoping for. For something like 1-3 sure it’s not like moving mtns. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess it depends on what you’re hoping for. For something like 1-3 sure it’s not like moving mtns. 

When we started discussing this two days ago some were going to be happy with a rainy nor'easter.  There were quite a few posts about just being happy with something interesting instead of clear and cold.  That attitude seems to have waned a bit.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Again..let me be clear. I think its more correctable to see more than that. Therefor it isn't dependent on what I am looking for because I disagree with you.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

When we started discussing this two days ago some were going to be happy with a rainy nor'easter.  There were quite a few posts about just being happy with something interesting instead of clear and cold.  That attitude seems to have waned a bit.

I don’t think a gfs or euro op solution was exciting. Half inch rain and 20kt winds. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Must be some decent members for interior SNE if the mean is giving 3-4" in the high terrain of ORH county.

There are.  Even a member that gives BOS over a foot.  But there are definitely scattered members with decent accums in the SNE hills.  The dual boob saggage with accums Berkshires and ORH Hills type look.  

Pretty much getting the gauntlet posting run in here today, We have some hoping for mass flooding temps in the 60's with high dews and summer arriving bypassing spring, Some looking for winter to continue and see if we can get 200"+ of upslope white goods to the picnic tables, Scooter trying do his best imitation of a Tblizz/Lavarock hybrid post of Eeoyre to a jack, and Wiz trying to find a way to get this system to produce an EF3 to chase.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Again..let me be clear. I think its more correctable to see more than that. Therefor it isn't dependent on what I am looking for because I disagree with you.

Scooter is a little off today , I’m hoping the stop at the squire on the way home lifts his spirits , part of it is he wants to go out like John elway (on top for the season) he doesn’t want  another system where it’s rain and snow to his NW 

• Haha 1

I’m not trying to eeyore lol. I don’t see anything unreasonable with my posts. I just remain in the camp of getting anything rather exciting, esp outside high elevations remains difficult. Get into the NNE mtns, hell even Monads and Berks and I’d be much more intrigued. 

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Pretty much getting the gauntlet posting run in here today, We have some hoping for mass flooding temps in the 60's with high dews and summer arriving bypassing spring, Some looking for winter to continue and see if we can get 200"+ of upslope white goods to the picnic tables, Scooter trying do his best imitation of a Tblizz/Lavarock hybrid post of Eeoyre to a jack, and Wiz trying to find a way to get this system to produce an EF3 to chase.

Don’t forget my hope for fair skies.

• Like 1

Okay folks, hate to do this to you, but if you took your best shot at crystal-balling the p-type at Sugarloaf elev. 4,297 ft (blue circle on map below) for the Thursday-Friday event, what would it be?

1) Moderately fluffy snow (10:1)

2) Heavy, wet snow (7-8:1)

3) Mix

Trying to plan the rest of my week in hopes of taking Friday off :)

image.png.8c68c101ac4aeb9e16811c9f695f4de2.png

• Haha 1