Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Flew into West Palm Beach...now up near Port St Lucie and the Mets spring training.  Visiting family until Friday...now looks like it may include sitting on the beach checking in on the latest ECMWF runs :lol:.

So you would miss this storm (at least the synoptic portion of it)? 

Man, you can feel like Jerry from 12/5/03 if Stowe gets 2 feet of paste Thursday night and Friday morning. 

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Flew into West Palm Beach...now up near Port St Lucie and the Mets spring training.  Visiting family until Friday...now looks like it may include sitting on the beach checking in on the latest ECMWF runs :lol:.

My girlfriends dad lives in Port St Lucie.. it's a real nice area with a ton of new construction  going up..  have a blast I'll  be there in May!  Looks like you might miss epicness though!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

So you would miss this storm (at least the synoptic portion of it)? 

Man, you can feel like Jerry from 12/5/03 if Stowe gets 2 feet of paste Thursday night and Friday morning. 

Yup...I honestly hadn't thought there was a shot at the synoptic part (I always lean East with these) but would get home for the Friday into Saturday upslope.  

Now I'm like sh*t, the chances of it crushing VT are likely higher with this one since I won't be around in that 18z to 18z Friday time frame pegged on the Euro.

I'll pull the ol' Tamarack "get home in time to shovel two feet of cement" line.

Well, I hope today reminded folks of how quickly things can change. While I agree that a big snow event is unlikely, it is not impossible......all we need is a proficient phase several hours faster.

That said, nothing for anyone to pound their chest over because at the end of the day, this scenario is still fraught with uncertainty.

I'll probably update tomorrow night...I was going to tonight, but with everything still in so much flux, there really isn't much point...plus I'm beat.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup...I honestly hadn't thought there was a shot at the synoptic part (I always lean East with these) but would get home for the Friday into Saturday upslope.  

Now I'm like sh*t, the chances of it crushing VT are likely higher with this one since I won't be around in that 18z to 18z Friday time frame pegged on the Euro.

I'll pull the ol' Tamarack "get home in time to shovel two feet of cement" line.

When’s the last time you’ve left the state during snow season?  You usually don’t even leave Stowe until after the lifts stop running. 

13 minutes ago, mreaves said:

When’s the last time you’ve left the state during snow season?  You usually don’t even leave Stowe until after the lifts stop running. 

It's been a long time.  Probably a western ski vacation 5-6 years ago.  This was not under my own free will, family reunion type deal.  

But regardless, should still be home for upslope if this materializes, which is probably the highest confidence thing here...as even on the models that miss there's a good NW flow punch of snow.

Hell the way today went, this could turn into a rainer or highly elevation dependent event if another round of trends come in.  Or it's all a day 4 headfake and by tomorrow afternoon we are looking at some coastal plain rain followed by snow showers. 

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, I hope today reminded folks of how quickly things can change. While I agree that a big snow event is unlikely, it is not impossible......all we need is a proficient phase several hours faster.

That said, nothing for anyone to pound their chest over because at the end of the day, this scenario is still fraught with uncertainty.

I'll probably update tomorrow night...I was going to tonight, but with everything still in so much flux, there really isn't much point...plus I'm beat.

You, Will and Tip were all reminding the Debbie's last week how in this pattern things can pop up in 3-4 day windows. 

Pity the antecedent air mass is rotting out before this comes up the coast.  By tomorrow night we should have a pretty good idea if there is any chance to thread the needle for parts of SNE.  Little shocked to see some of the regulars really checked out on this one so early.  

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My sister’s in laws live in Port St. Lucie. Very nice area. 

Beautiful area

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It's a great experience. I woke up at 8 am and went to the park around 9am to get autographs and pics with the players.

Got about 16 autropaghs and took pics with a lot of players and coaches. ( even Chris Christie lol )

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Beautiful area

It's a great experience. I woke up at 8 am and went to the park around 9am to get autographs and pics with the players.

Got about 16 autropaghs and took pics with a lot of players and coaches. ( even Chris Christie lol )

I saw...nice Facebook feed haha

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Beautiful area

Will be going to a Yankees spring training game on Saturday myself , assuming my flight has no issues Friday morning. Always love the feeling of a spring training game, it really gets me in the mood for baseball season haha.

• Like 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Gotta love this winter. A coastal track over SE MA and it’s rain up into much of NNE. This was a pretty good antecedent airmass, but there’s just too much time for it to get flooded out. 

Hoping for a good a rain event up there to ripen up the pack and get ready for epic April floods. This would’ve worked well for you even a month ago. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yesterday you agreed with me about rains.. now you disagree . At any rate, time to move on . All winter you mailed it in . It’s spring now. 

I mean next week. I don't think rain is an issue vs suppression. Pattern will change after next week.