Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, 8611Blizz said:

Tonight will be interesting to see what the tv Mets do...

It will considering the general public has not a single idea that this is could be coming/a possibility as all weekend long every tv met was not mentioning anything about a possible coastal and had Friday as 50 and sunny

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t see how the moon can bring up storms. Call me crazy. 

I was actually reading some stuff and spoke with someone who has done an incredible of work with the topic...from what I gathered there is some legit correlation. I know it may be tough to believe but it's incredibly interesting. 

• Like 1

The line between very meh and a paste bomb that dumps 6-12" in 6 hours is not very much....it's mostly about the injection of the northern lakes energy diving in around 84-90 hours from now. The nuances of the southern vorts will matter too but it's the northern injection that really crash the heights and nuke the storm out. 

We're talking just a few hours difference on a day 4 forecast. 

This will probably end up pretty boring in the end...at least for SNE. But there's enough of a chance to not ignore it. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I was actually reading some stuff and spoke with someone who has done an incredible of work with the topic...from what I gathered there is some legit correlation. I know it may be tough to believe but it's incredibly interesting. 

If there were something id think it would be somewhere in the literature. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

There are several pieces, some of which are hard to see on WV because cirrus and/or being at the edge of the picture hides them. Also another piece farther up in the Arctic as best I can tell. If you loop GOES 17 high level WV you can see them better.

vorts.thumb.PNG.e6b2afe69232e2c86afe367af4d1388a.PNG

Thanks.  Yeah, this is going to take a couple days to sort out with all these pieces.

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

If there were something id think it would be somewhere in the literature. 

Eh not necessarily. I'm sure this is a topic which is not very well...taken by most in the community so it's probably difficult to get much movement with it.

But this person I met had done a substantial...and I mean substantial amount of research and had an immense data base of storms and astrological information. I'll admit I went into it thinking it was juju but I came away beyond impressed and even convinced there could be something. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The line between very meh and a paste bomb that dumps 6-12" in 6 hours is not very much....it's mostly about the injection of the northern lakes energy diving in around 84-90 hours from now. The nuances of the southern vorts will matter too but it's the northern injection that really crash the heights and nuke the storm out. 

We're talking just a few hours difference on a day 4 forecast. 

This will probably end up pretty boring in the end...at least for SNE. But there's enough of a chance to not ignore it. 

Yeah, if we can speed up the northern stream 6-12hrs,all bets are off.

18 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

No I’m bringing astrology to the forum.

Looks like the moon is in Libra. That’s the sign of equilibrium, balance, and peacefulness. Not the best sign for a large storm. If it was in Gemini, then we’d be talking.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Eh not necessarily. I'm sure this is a topic which is not very well...taken by most in the community so it's probably difficult to get much movement with it.

But this person I met had done a substantial...and I mean substantial amount of research and had an immense data base of storms and astrological information. I'll admit I went into it thinking it was juju but I came away beyond impressed and even convinced there could be something. 

Sounds like weekend rule voodoo.