Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are runners on my way to work on the back roads in Redding/Monroe where there is no shoulder. It’s dark out. Sometimes you see them at the last minute and barely avoid them. Like....Get the eff out the way, go run on a track or on roads you won’t get killed on....or at the very least in broad daylight. 

Scariest are those in dark, non-reflective clothing.  If I were to be inattentive, and run over one such, I might be 100% in the wrong but they'd be dead right.

National radar earlier was as clear of precip - just a solid cluster in south TX - as I've ever seen.   have not seen 12z GFS, but several earlier op runs have featured a multi-day torch bridging Mar-Apr, punctuated by a big rainer.  NOT good, aroma of 32 years ago.  (And hoping it's not accurate.)

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah most of the systems this season have been weaker but big QPF thumpers sans wind.

I'd bump that to "almost all" - nearest thing to an exception was Jan. 20.  I've had blowing snow from backside NW-lies, but bupkis drifting during the actual snowfall, even on 1/20.  Makes for easy measuring, but not as interesting.