Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Rtd208 said:

This has been a trademark of the FV3 all winter, show a storm when the other models don't. The FV3 gave me about 5 feet of digital snow this winter. With that said I will ride this out for another 30 hours before putting it to rest.

Yup. I have almost no faith in the model...it was spitting out wound up bombs all winter.  Fun to watch though

1 hour ago, 8611Blizz said:

Tim Kelly first local to bite on something for Thursday. Also mentions following week as watchable.

One of the best and most underrated local TV mets out there. Love his excitement and on-air delivery when it comes to explaining things. If there was any of these second grade weekend mets (Tim Kelly not included) to even mention the possibility of something at the end of the week, it's a good thing it was Tim

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

CT rain not impressed on live broadcast. Says early next week has legs though.

That one has a massive bowling ball with it on some guidance. Maybe we can pull off a 35 year anniversary repeat. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure that March '84 event is my first snowfall memory...never forget the way I stood in front of the window completely entranced late that afternoon as the transition from a sheet of rain to a wall of snow swept across the street in slow motion. I knew I was hooked. 

Woke up to over 1' of soggy cement-

• Like 1

That was a really good one. The only storm i can remember being dismissed from school early for (this was the 80’s) . Had driving rain turn into blinding snow with hurricane force wind gusts that knocked down two trees in our yard and landed on my dads car. Quite a tornado outbreak in the southeast too if I’m not mistaken

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yep.  Apparently pointing out what a model shows though means we’re invested.

Bob's monitoring but not invested ;).

The Tippy psycho-analysis in me finds it a little funny the number of posts on this from folks making sure people know they aren't invested, but are watching.  

This is a weather forum, folks shouldn't have to continuously justify, clarify or defend their model watching or commenting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Pretty sure that March '84 event is my first snowfall memory...never forget the way I stood in front of the window completely entranced late that afternoon as the transition from a sheet of rain to a wall of snow swept across the street in slow motion. I knew I was hooked. 

Woke up to over 1' of soggy cement-

Let's see.....in 1984 I was graduating from high school in New London.  It's not a very long limb to say, 'oh that must have been a good rain storm".