Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

I think my favorites of all the pics I've seen on this site are the ones you posted that were taken during that event - topped by the one of you standing waist deep surrounded by uber-plastered trees and buildings.

Maine missed out on that one, but had a much lesser storm a half-day earlier - dumped about 7" at my (then) home in Gardiner, also caused my worst commute in Maine, as the homeward drive took 1:45 instead of the usual 55 minutes.  Still had a few flakes in the air as the 5"/hr stuff descended on SNE.

I love that you enjoy those. I know it reminds you of  that event you had I believe in 2009? 

45 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Quite possibly the lamest, backhanded, passive aggressive thing I've read on here in a while.

Basically, Scott... One of the prince of all snow weenies is telling us that he was satisfied with this shitty winter (specifically no significant coastal storms) because it allowed him to get better measurements. 

lolololololololollolololololollololololololol

hotdog.jpg

Wait huh? Lol. Just saying it was nice to just stick a ruler in a spot and feel confident in the measurement. 

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Low 60s with some sun to the coast. That’s not springlike to you?

All clouds here with mud all around as the last signs of snow melt away in the woods. Spring is sunny, warm, birds chirping, flowers blossoming, mowers rev’ing, and a crew of high school girls blasting Cardi B. I see and hear none of it. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All clouds here with mud all around as the last signs of snow melt away in the woods. Spring is sunny, warm, birds chirping, flowers blossoming, mowers rev’ing, and a crew of high school girls blasting Cardi B. I see and hear none of it. 

The former up here is spring. The latter is summer. 

• Haha 1

12z Euro illustrates a lot ..

Explains rather nicely why later winter enthusiasts are being personally violated (ha) ... But -ta, that D4 tells the story of a phenomenal pattern that has utter twaddle to work with downstream of the +PNA created ridge. 

That pallid 546 dm, 500 mb impulse ... track that backward to D1/2 ..you can see it get ejected out of the E Pac, ride up and over the ridge, and then dives down toward the Missouri Valley thru D5; but what gets eject and completes the course work is a big huge piece of weak shit... 

It's ...poooossible though probably less than plausible (haha... that's awesome) that it's underdone, but that thing being so weak is really the whole corn-holing along the EC.  Noormally in that sort of over all structural evolution, there is much more to that diving impulse, but it's just been a repeating theme for days if not a week's worth of cycles that there is just no and/or very weak intermediate stream S/W available to that down stream negative heights ...  to the point of being just weird to see.  

I'd be willing to bet that the way the Euro has/had that look is in fact a negative anomaly relative to those overall flow structures/ridges of the past.  I mean, quantifiable -

It's funny after that ... 

the model tries to run a 500 mb February storm look with early April 850 mb thermal medium coast to coast. Interesting...  

Probably a dynamical/blue bomb petri-dish out there... but, concomitant with that look and this time of year there is 0 predictive skill. 

Off topic I know...but how do you shut off the email to ones personal account each time someone posts something on this thread??? I went into notifications and chose "Do not send me any notifications" but there are still appearing in my email...every time somebody posts to this thread.  Can someone help me and tell me what to disable??

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I love that you enjoy those. I know it reminds you of  that event you had I believe in 2009? 

Good recall.  2nd biggest storm of my experience, and still 5-10" less than what 4/1/97 did down your way.  And a big dump in Feb is far less anomalous than one after the equinox.

Still in the mid 40s mank here in Augusta.  Every so often things brighten as if clearing is on the doorstep, but not yet.  (Also not all that far away - BML has been at 61 the past 2 hours.)

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Off topic I know...but how do you shut off the email to ones personal account each time someone posts something on this thread??? I went into notifications and chose "Do not send me any notifications" but there are still appearing in my email...every time somebody posts to this thread.  Can someone help me and tell me what to disable??

You may have inadvertently checked off to follow this topic, Top right should have a place for you to unfollow, I had this issue on Tapatalk a few weeks back and it drove me crazy.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Sunny here with arms hanging out the windows. Anyway, I just got cat called by a group of high school girls in an SUV on my run. Either I still got it or they felt bad for me. Either way, I won’t tell my gf. It did give me a boost at mile 3. ;)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Wait huh? Lol. Just saying it was nice to just stick a ruler in a spot and feel confident in the measurement. 

If you're going to try and find a fake positive for this winter saying that it was easy to measure is pretty weak.  That's like saying "at least the punting game was good" after the Cleveland browns went 0-16 a few years ago.

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

If you're going to try and find a fake positive for this winter saying that it was easy to measure is pretty weak.  That's like saying "at least the punting game was good" after the Cleveland browns went 0-16 a few years ago.

LOL. You don’t have the measuring woes that I do. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Sunny here with arms hanging out the windows. Anyway, I just got cat called by a group of high school girls in an SUV on my run. Either I still got it or they felt bad for me. Either way, I won’t tell my gf. It did give me a boost at mile 3. ;)

Nothing like catching second wind, after a 2 hour walk, by getting flashed by a pack of teenagers. 

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Sunny here with arms hanging out the windows. Anyway, I just got cat called by a group of high school girls in an SUV on my run. Either I still got it or they felt bad for me. Either way, I won’t tell my gf. Either way it gave me a boost at mile 3. 

Definitely tell her

• Like 2