Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

30 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I get why people love Tree House. Just not my fave.   Neat place. Great beer.  Nice selection.  

It's a ridiculous fad and contrary to what constitutes good brewing practices.  This is not to say they are not good brewers and they definitely make some tasty beers but the New England IPA has become a parody of itself.  Brew me a clean crisp pilsner and I'll rain down praise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, J.Spin said:

Sounds like more SNE folklore.  Most of us too busy doing actual NNE stuff this time of year.

15MAR17F.jpg

On average though, the Mansfield snowpack is going to start decreasing in just a few short weeks, and it’s only going to be around for another 2 to 3 months, so the locals are definitely freaking out.  The apprehension was overtly palpable as I traveled through town today.

Another 2-3 months.  

Lol.

What a difference elevation and a few ticks north make.  

By then we will deep into cursing another cold, damp spring, ...and then the tiny bugs arrive.

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's a ridiculous fad and contrary to what constitutes good brewing practices.  This is not to say they are not good brewers and they definitely make some tasty beers but the New England IPA has become a parody of itself.  Brew me a clean crisp pilsner and I'll rain down praise.

Yeah but their NEIPAs are still the best....hence the following. 

12 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah but their NEIPAs are still the best....hence the following. 

Oh' when they are well executed I love them but there are a lot of poorly executed beers out there.  The reality is some Western and Midwestern pro brewery's do a better NEIPA than many NE breweries.  (Pipeworks, Melvin, Bells, Bear Republic and of course Sierra Nevada)

Tree House and Trillium are fine but Alchemist, Lawson's, Hill Farmstead, Bissel Bros., Maine Beer, Cambridge Brewing Co etc make superior beers.

• Like 1

Looks like the chance for some decent cold, relative to the time of the year, on the horizon. Hopefully they moderate some. The 00z GFS was trying to drop -30C over CAR. No thanks.

It's only 3/15 though. We're not going to make it through the rest of the season without a little more snow, at least up here. 2012 isn't walking through that door.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been rather negative recently. It’s also been biased west and more -EPO which may be skewing that chart. 

Agreed, that's why I said it's blue-balled us all Winter.  Devil is in the details.  The ridging was too far West off the coast to give us the goods.

Been reading there are signals for yet another (perhaps final) strong stratospheric warming event as we close out the month. We're certainly still not done with some pretty decent cold shots. I would think we should get a pretty solid cold shot towards the end of the month (unless the warming signal of the stratosphere wanes), but after that the pattern should relax and the general signal will be above-average temps (of course we have to watch for BDCF's).