Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not over the Euro beyond D5 ... 

or any model for that matter at that range - 

Personally ...so long as the tele spread shows these from the Americans... I wouldn't discount the chance that we suffer seemingly endless runs of modler's attempting to dampen out storms in lieu of their own resumes... only to have something get more interesting around 108 hours of some shit

image.thumb.png.e672f9700501212cc70a1717ce806656.png

With zero blocking to our NE, it’s congrats Newfoundland. 

Gonna let the melt begin to end the week.

Morrisville, VT after the advisory level upslope snow event yesterday.... up in the woods not far from the MVL ASOS.

Hopefully this spring melts slowly...there is pretty much an entire winter worth of QPF locked up in the North Country snowpack, which began in early November.

kEvJZeI.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Morrisville, VT after the advisory level upslope snow event yesterday.... up in the woods not far from the MVL ASOS.

Hopefully this spring melts slowly...there is pretty much an entire winter worth of QPF locked up in the North Country snowpack, which began in early November.

kEvJZeI.jpg

Was this the most impressive winter there, or is it just the persistent pack? I feel like the big Feb and Mar pow events that you’ve had before didn’t happen, but it’s been persistent pack. I remember last year at this time you had like an 84 hour snow event. 

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

kEvJZeI.jpg

Napril looks torch so be flood aware on the bridges up there 

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was this the most impressive winter there, or is it just the persistent pack? I feel like the big Feb and Mar pow events that you’ve had before didn’t happen, but it’s been persistent pack. I remember last year at this time you had like an 84 hour snow event. 

It's the snowpack and longevity for me.  The snowfall has been consistent but snow cover from the second week of November to now, gradually growing larger in the means throughout the winter, I bet the snow depth days are on the higher end for the past decade.  Not the snowiest winter in terms of inches but it's been dense.  A lot of these storms have had decent CAD, but we have higher precip (like SNE) but our temps have been just cold enough to turn that precip surplus into a higher, dense snowpack.  It's even deeper and denser north of here in the St Lawrence Valley up to Quebec City. 

Overall it's been a gradient winter, regionally...but some lucky scores for the lower/central mid-Atlantic.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's the snowpack and longevity for me.  The snowfall has been consistent, too.  Not the snowiest winter in terms of inches but it's been dense.  A lot of these storms have had decent CAD, but we have higher precip (like SNE) but our temps have been just cold enough to turn that precip surplus into a higher, dense snowpack.  It's even deeper and denser north of here in the St Lawrence Valley up to Quebec City. 

Overall it's been a gradient winter, regionally...but some lucky scores for the lower/central mid-Atlantic.

I agree. The melts we had weren’t the horrendous melt the pack out types we’ve had the last two February’s. The longevity and the density of snow has been what’s really impressive. Though the depth is pretty impressive too in many areas. 

As I write this on the eve of the big torch that is likely signaling the beginning of the end of winter, it’s snowing at a pretty good rate again. 

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It sort of just crept up on us. All of a sudden Sebago was frozen solid and the snow banks were getting tall. It's a noticeable jump in conditions just an hour north in WVL. The banks were really high there earlier this week.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's the snowpack and longevity for me.  The snowfall has been consistent but snow cover from the second week of November to now, gradually growing larger in the means throughout the winter, I bet the snow depth days are on the higher end for the past decade.  Not the snowiest winter in terms of inches but it's been dense.  A lot of these storms have had decent CAD, but we have higher precip (like SNE) but our temps have been just cold enough to turn that precip surplus into a higher, dense snowpack.  It's even deeper and denser north of here in the St Lawrence Valley up to Quebec City. 

These SWFE type winters do wonders for building fairly bulletproof pack. Like 2007-2008. There is so much water in it that it's tough to melt. 

Snowing here as well.  I had spent a bit of time this evening trying to clear snow away from the back of the house.  There is so much snow here.  Sorry to say it,. My 33" yard bench is almost completely buried.  I am not sure if I could get a yardstick all the way through some of the ice layers to get a true reading

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Sh*ts getting real... wife is a passenger driving back from BTV with a friend on I-89 and it's getting rough.

4THrryg.jpg

Only surprising thing about a vehicle off the road on that stretch of 89 is if it doesn't have Mass plates.

• Haha 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

It is a beautiful pasty snow here...deep winter vibe.

Here too.  It has almost covered all the soft stools my lab has left in the snow today.  Poor girl's belly is not taking well to the new puppy food.