Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

51 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There was a huge mold problem in my dorm building at school. They had to go room-to-room and take down wall paper and inspect for mold and then clean rooms which were problematic. Had some in our suite and we had to vacate for like 7 hours while they cleaned. 

Yeah, that was me from like August to early October. Sweating walls and furniture, mold growing effing everywhere. I don't mind a little heat and humidity here and there, but the sustained nature of it last summer was almost beyond endurance. Never seen so many 70-80 degree dews.

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, that was me from like August to early October. Sweating walls and furniture, mold growing effing everywhere. I don't mind a little heat and humidity here and there, but the sustained nature of it last summer was almost beyond endurance. Never seen so many 70-80 degree dews.

Only 1 person liked the summer of 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

We all know those who like high dews are few. Chamber of commerce weather is what everyone likes let's do this. 82/55 day after day COC

During the summer, I really don't mind upper 80s into the 90s as long as the dews are below 62 or so.

I'm on vacation then...I have the pool and screen porch and a fridge full of beverages. That other crap can suck it

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

Caesar Rodney high school class of 1981 graduate here! I grew up outside of Dover.  Rehoboth always took the edge off, and still does one week a year every year of my life

I lived 10 minutes north of Smryna...Grandparents always had a place 2 minutes from Bethany Beach, probably spent half my life down there. It has gotten way too busy down there to enjoy it like it used to be...still good times to be had though.

43 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Backdoor potential with exiting storm south of us but the Conus looks warm.

If you start from about four or five cycles ago and click through them ...the trend almost suggests this is still in flux and we may end up blasting the +PNA right off the maps before it's even had a chance to payoff for late winter enthusiasts.. I mean it's already there in that run ..but I mean more fully. As in, the ridge grows and engulfs and with the real end and relay right into green up triggering warmth

Can't say I'd be altogether disappointed in that happens.  But, I can dig it if things go back the other way ...

Thing is, this isn't the same sort of situation where we're all tracking some time and space ...then, it disappears, only to come back. That happens inside the same pattern... This is doing this with the entire circulation medium over this quadrature of the hemisphere.  

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You might be the only SNE poster that hits their average snowfall. 

The guy in Hingham I think is near 45” too and he’s by the water and measured a few times after it rained.  We got some snow events, they just never stuck around until Feb lol. 

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

I had a place on the Eastern Shore and it was absolutely torrid all summer. Gotta have Raynaud's to appreciate the sh*t.

Not sure why, but 75 degree dewpoint there is way worse than 75 dews in Key West. The occasional 70+ dews here are not in the same ballpark... Might be the DC/Baltimore/Wilmington/Jersey smog infused dews...

3 hours ago, Hazey said:

There is nothing memorable about this winter...nothing. Even in some of the crappier winters there was atleast something exciting that happened. This year? None... zero. Once this goes in the rearview mirror(hopefully soon) winter 2018-19 will probably never get mentioned again.

On to spring.

We've done a lot better for snow here, so this winter will have 2 memorable aspects for me.  The first is length of continuous snow cover, which began here on Nov. 10 and now runs 123 days.  Most in the 20 years here is 142; if this year doesn't top that, there will be some flood headlines as a foot of LE would have to go downriver by month's end.  The second is not quite so nice - it's the plethora of snow-to-yuck events and lousy ratios even when it's all snow.  I've measured 12 events with 3 ' or more (which is high end for here), they total 72" - no blockbusters - and the average ratio is a tiny bit above 8:1.  Unless we get an 18" bomb with ratios above 15:1, this season will eclipse 2009-10 (year of the double-digit 4:1 storm) as poorest ratios.

Looking at summer preferences, my ideal summer day is 75/55 with dews about 50.  It can be 90 in the garden, but not when I'm there.  ;)  While I've donned warm outerwear in some recent early Junes (days with mid 40s RA), July-August essentially cannot get cold enough for me to take a jacket out of the closet, other than a rain jacket when advisable.