Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like an ice jam. Snow boulders covering doggie poopie?

Dogs go in one spot, we maintain and bag. That 15 minute torrential rain then instant freeze locked up the top. Refilling paths last night right before sunset worked great to hold off the mud. Will do again tonight after my great grandsons gala 1st birthday. Eventually I will run out of snow and then we rejoice at the mud.

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man euro is legit 70s on Friday verbatim. 

Thursday'll make it too if that synoptic serious of charts is right... anyone wanna bet?  you'll lose...

It's chilly at dawn and one wonders, do they keep track of diurnal change as a metric?  Because that could be historic that day... You'd be frosting in the country side and in the low 70s by 3pm and folks keep in mind, we now get high temps on average an hour later in the day starting tomorrow.

But you got +10 C knocking on the over NYC/ALB and deep layer laze faire SW flow sweeping in unabated...

Kevin's got a Kleenex and lotion out for this napey shit -

Course, gotta get those charts to verify -

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s going to be tough to avoid this one. Maybe it ends up 60 instead of 70-75, but it’s warm either way.

Yeah...tend to agree at this point.

I mean we all know in the late mid range... warm-ups can so often ablate down to 18 hours 52-55 F misters with the good stuff NYC south... but there's just no markers to really retard it this time. 

I'm def a bit surprised at how insistent the warmth has been on the model guidance. Usually these things morph into a high protruding southwest from Halifax or some crap and the real warmth hits a brick wall near NYC. But this synoptically has been very stable on guidance. 

Theres def potential for a Denver-esque flip on sensible wx though between the 14-15th and about the 18-20th. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm def a bit surprised at how insistent the warmth has been on the model guidance. Usually these things morph into a high protruding southwest from Halifax or some crap and the real warmth hits a brick wall near NYC. But this synoptically has been very stable on guidance. 

Theres def potential for a Denver-esque flip on sensible wx though between the 14-15th and about the 18-20th. 

Changes coming in 10 days?  May as well let winter end the way it's gone the last 3 months.

1 hour ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

That's always true in the southern three states on March 9th, maybe not in Northfield, NH.  In any case, don't pull the plug just yet.

My point is we’re mild through next weekend. Yeah we’ll cool down and have storm chances, but the equinox is quickly approaching so extended deep winter is walking out that door with Rick Pitino.