Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, tamarack said:

I'm with you, and especially because of this season's early-and-often snowpack.  Short of a 1936 repeat, 18-19 is a lock to pass 13-14 (2,837) for #2 SDDs, and could conceivably threaten the "unbeatable" 3,835 of 07-08 (we're 214 SDDs behind thru yesterday.)

The alternative to snow in early April is complete hot garbage 80% of the time anyway. So I'm def taking snow until the climo gets more friendly for warmth.

At any rate, 12z Euro looks like a couple inches on the front end Sunday morning down here....not overly juicy this run though...even Maine is only a couple inches despite staying colder.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The alternative to snow in early April is complete hot garbage 80% of the time anyway. So I'm def taking snow until the climo gets more friendly for warmth.

At any rate, 12z Euro looks like a couple inches on the front end Sunday morning down here....not overly juicy this run though...even Maine is only a couple inches despite staying colder.

I don't know what's worse, either ... the "80% of the time"  ...or having it be warm and dry and utopic, ultimately ... ephemeral for week, THEN turns 100% of the time through mid May... 

Ur almost better of thinking its still winter...  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Now that is a torch. If it’s going to be that look, I’ll take it. 

Yeah...it's really a continuation of that 00z for those days ...perhaps adding even a tick or two at that... 

Still, folks should be aware that is not likely the final say.  If it is... so be it.  Couldn't be happier to tell you the truth but having lived in this area of the world's unique spring charm for 962 years such that I have ... odds are, that's all setting up to maximize how sore the butts can actually get the week later.  

We'll see...  

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...it's really a continuation of that 00z for those days ...perhaps adding even a tick or two at that... 

Still, folks should be aware that is not likely the final say.  If it is... so be it.  Couldn't be happier to tell you the truth but having lived in this area of the world's unique spring charm for 962 years such that I have ... odds are, that's all setting up to maximize how sore the butts can actually get the week later.  

We'll see...  

Oh yeah do I expect it to happen, probably not. Just speaking verbatim. 

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was wondering when you would pop in.   Winter is definitely not over up here 

50s and snow melt next week will sure feel like Spring.  

It will feel more like a Spring of yore if we're melting out with 50s/60s and sun, while tracking a snow threat for a few days later.  

Know what ... this is tediously nerdy to say ... but, I bet on south facing wall bases .. .the snow will receded several feet by the end of the first day, and you'll see crocus shoots by the end of that second day - particularly if the sun is part of that warm up. 

At this range though ... to be honest, I could see the Euro correcting flatter.  We have to also remember that the Euro has an ever so slight amp bias in that time range, such that it could be winding things up too deeply out in the Plains, ..which concomitantly would drive heights and DVM up down stream and there we go - perfect weather, perfect lie. 

I guess all I'm saying is that for spring/warm enthusiasts, this is no different - or shouldn't be seen any differently - than some D8.5 coastal.  If we get to that to D4.5, raise the flags

watch it turn into a two days at 52 with fast gray streets and mist, then refreeze with a storm missing to the south... Followed by a Lakes cutter ...Then, a big bomb on the charts that just before it happens...mysteriously vanishes because of the sun's normalizing power at this time of year.  Sad trumpet end to the winter.