Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Disco

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

andover this weekend, millinockett next, skiing the following. that'll probably be it for me sledding. Maybe last weekend of the month, but depends on weather next couple weeks. Not a big fan of riding in 40+ weather

Were going to leave from here Saturday and head to the windmills in Dixfield.

24 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

andover this weekend, millinockett next, skiing the following. that'll probably be it for me sledding. Maybe last weekend of the month, but depends on weather next couple weeks. Not a big fan of riding in 40+ weather

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Were going to leave from here Saturday and head to the windmills in Dixfield.

We did 150 miles Friday, 65 Saturday, 40 Sunday and 140 yesterday.  Trails were great with plenty of snow.

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

87? I was looking at the trail system,can see why you want cold before snow with that bog by no name pond

I use 87 but i don't have to go to no name pond to head NW, We rerouted the trail  a few years back from having to use that bog because of ongoing problems with that freezing, We had many that sunk sleds in there and talk about a job retrieving them.

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

We did 150 miles Friday, 65 Saturday, 40 Sunday and 140 yesterday.  Trails were great with plenty of snow.

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

I did 120mi Friday and 102mi Saturday, Two bad sections over those two days but everything else was pristine and very little traffic, There were more deer then snowmobiles, And i'm taliking like 150 of them, It was insane.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's been performing better as of late. Did the GGEM get an upgrade? Pretty high score for its standards.

cor_day5_HGT_P500_G2NHX.png

I noticed that about the GGEM last Autumn but have been biting my tongue on the subject matter.   Not via this product ... just the week to week observation re the guidance that it seemed to be doing better.   Something I actually noticed at a point in time when the Euro, and the GGEM, were landing on similar synoptic layouts as far out as D4 ... D5 once or twice.  I remember internal monologue wondering at that time, "if so ... either it is doing better, or the Euro is doing worse" - heh.  

Anyway, I'm not surprised to see that improved curve there... 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I noticed that about the GGEM last Autumn but have been biting my tongue on the subject matter.   Not via this product ... just the week to week observation re the guidance that it seemed to be doing better.   Something I actually noticed at a point in time when the Euro, and the GGEM, were landing on similar synoptic layouts as far out as D4 ... D5 once or twice.  I remember internal monologue wondering at that time, "if that's the case that either it is doing better, or the Euro is doing much worse" - heh.  

Anyway, I'm not surprised to see that improved curve there... 

In that product the EC is usually the clear #1 and the Ukie is a clear #2. #3-5 changes by the week between the GFS, FV3, and GGEM, but it's almost like the past month featured the Ukie as #2 and the GGEM as #2a.

Looks like the EC destroyed everyone on 2/15, but it was a lot more competitive the rest of the month...especially since 2/18.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Odds favor it moreso then not.

Heading up to the Northern part of the County after Work on Friday...it's looking Epic..holy snow depth...riding should be Fabulous!!

You guys rode way way into April last year too...two years in a row of great late season riding...enjoy it!!

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Heading up to the Northern part of the County after Work on Friday...it's looking Epic..holy snow depth...riding should be Fabulous!!

They don't need anymore snow up there, They were getting groomers stuck and buried so i don't need to tell you anymore then that.....lol

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

They don't need anymore snow up there, They were getting groomers stuck and buried so i don't need to tell you anymore then that.....lol

Yes Sir...the pics were off the charts!  Drifts of 20-30 ft plus....never seen it like that even up there.  Houses buried and the banks on the side of the road are insane.  Can't wait to see and be there.

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It’s pretty ironic that today and tomorrow are the deepest winter feel and look like days all winter in the midst of what many Mets called for warm and springlike a month ago

It's cloudy here so feels like a mid-January day with "squeaky snow" in the woods when I walked the dogs.